crud photobucket has been banned by the DOE stupid fuggin websense D:

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:36 PM

Is Imageshack still up for you guys?

And why the hell does the DOE ban these legit websites yet leaves crap like MySpace unblocked?

#3 User is offline   Neinball 

• Über Kommander, Biaaatch!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:02 PM

Cause people from the Department of Education are all Emo? I dunno...

#4 User is offline   Unyo-kun 

• Wind Tranqulity Wavemaster (NPC)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:52 PM

myspace is blocked. but why photobucket? im gonna go try complain and tell em we need it to host images for the school website XD. but damn. thats screws me up. i was wondering...what? why isnt my sig showing?

#5 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:48 AM

Darn. You should tell the computer teacher or something... well it works at my school. We're allowed photobucket because the computer class would get the pictures for year round projects the courses do. But now they have this...this..really really good filter, it even tells you if the site is blocked because it shows 'profanity' or other things like that.

#6 User is offline   Lacer/Lacen 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 March 2006 - 04:51 PM

Come on, you guys know that these old people don't know much about how things on the internet work. I'm sure if there are enough people complaining about the whole "We need photobucket to upload pics online for the school's website" and what not, then they should have a reason to take it off of the ban list. I remember Ani once telling me that her old school used to ban SaL Forums from the comp's over there... <.<;;; Well, I guess we were that damn popular over there. xP Nah nah, anyway, I'll probably stop by the school sometime this upcoming week and see what's going on. Couldn't you guys always use the old proxy server way to bypass the whole "Website is blocked" thing? Knowing Unyo guys, I'm sure they'll think of a good plan of action to deal with this stupid situation. xP Well, see you guys later, good luck with the whole "Let's unblock Photobucket" Mission! xD Yeah, photobucket is the shit man, I'm sure everything will work out just find. See ya! Bai Bai!

-Lacer

This post has been edited by Lacer/Lacen: 11 March 2006 - 05:30 PM

#7 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:03 PM

If you keep swearing in your posts Lacer/Lacen, you're going to get into trouble...

And if 'old guys' know nothing about the internet, who's the one keeping the school's network and stuff up? Not students. Think about what you say before you say it.

#8 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 06 April 2006 - 02:06 AM

That's true in most cases how professionals and not students are updating the school site. Before the pros took over the website for school, a classmate of mine was in charge of creating it but he was, of course, limited on what he could do. One teacher in school downloaded google earth so if we're careful he'll let us use it because he knows about the system. XD

#9 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:33 PM

I don't know who's in caharge with the website for my school, but I think there's a person who's hired for it.

Google earth is cool :D

#10 User is offline   ramengirl 

• PipPip

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:48 PM

lol aww photobucket.. thats lame.. i wonder if they just notice.. "hey .. alot of students are going to this site.. so it must be bad.. lets block it!".. i cant think of any other reason why they'd block photobucket >_>.. weirdys.. yehs .. go talk to admin ppl in charge and think of other things besides school website.. like if u have other projects and things u can help ur case.. and if they're totally against photobucket.. pursue them on why?.. well gl.. u know in the end they may just give u the "cuz i say so" thing..

#11 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:18 PM

i just realized, this is probably the reason why I can't see anyone's signatures... who uses photobucket for theeir signature hosting? :(

#12 User is offline   Unyo-kun 

• Wind Tranqulity Wavemaster (NPC)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:36 PM

yea ramengirls new avy and sig are nice <3 but i cant see it in school D:

anyway, i might try (one day) to make a sort of forwarding script or something, so that it creates a temporary file for avatars and sigs, so it can bypass websense

#13 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 17 September 2006 - 11:25 PM

My signature is photobucket right now (the Ryosuke one)... but my avatar is either hosted locally (on DC) or on Imageshack if it's too big.

Although, I suppose that's good you can't see too many images in school? Helps with going on during class. :P

#14 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2006 - 03:47 PM

no wonder, I can't see your signature. that's probably the reason why, thanks Shonen! I suppose it does make it easier to go on in class, lol. :ph34r: :ph34r:

#15 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:06 PM

rararararar, my work interbutt is DOE so now I have no access to fotobucket...or other awesome sites. Fortunately, DC isn't plagued with this websenseitis, and I am able to go on here~ woot

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users