• You cannot reply to this topic

Robotics FIRST, through school... or what not... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Fukyu no Higure 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:16 PM

Hey all,

This is a spot to post about Robotics related things... if you are in it at all or have an interest... *shrug* whatever suits your fancy.

Wether you were in the FIRST Robotics Programs, or are in it... please post your progress or team here. ^^v

domo arigato,
Karou ^^v

Alright... this past weekend 3/9/06 to 3/11/06 was the FIRST Buckeye Regional Competition for Robotics along with several others across the country... My teams happened to go to the Buckeye regional.

Alright. well my teams, 494 and 70, The Martians and More Martians, participated in the regional, this being 70's first competition under our wing. They were adopted by my school from a univerity that lost its mentor.
anywho... 494 did acceptionally well, winning the nationals with its aliance partners 272 and 174. cyber kights and the Arctic Warriors.

3/20/06 - 3/23/06 - Wisconson Regional

Unfortunately, I was sick with a cold during this regional...so i was miserable the whole time *frowns* but i made the best of it.
At this Regional team 70 introduced it's two headed mask for the mascot. (me woot!) wich was cool.
also my partner mascot and I, went out when they were announcing teams and stuff (i got to go up on announcer Paul's shoulders.. Twice!) Such Fun!!

3/29/06 - 4/1/06 - Western Michigan
Team 70 won!! woot!! lucky boxers work wonders. ha ha.

(i am sick of typing... i will add more later...)

This post has been edited by Fukyu no Higure: 06 April 2006 - 04:58 PM

#2 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:20 PM

Cool, I heard about these robotics teams but I didn't want to join. too much time consuming, looked like. :mellow:

This post has been edited by Bass GS: 14 March 2006 - 03:21 PM

#3 User is offline   Fukyu no Higure 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:08 PM

View PostBass GS, on Mar 14 2006, 08:20 PM, said:

Cool, I heard about these robotics teams but I didn't want to join. too much time consuming, looked like. :mellow:

Actually its quite fun Bass-san
The only time I feel its time consuming is either when I dont want to go *smiles sheepishly* or during the build season when we had meetings every day of the week. Also keeping grades up to go to regionals ^^;

Other than that its a real blast to do... well I'm the mascot so really all I have to do is run around *sweatdrop*
But you get to travel around to different states, in my team's case Ohio(last weekend), Milwaukee (next weekend), Grand Rapids (in my home state a week after Milwaukee), and then Atlanta in April.
If there is a robotics team at your school or in your district you should check it out some time ^_~

Karou

#4 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:36 PM

there's another competition I heard about, the underwater one? I dunno if everyone's doing it, but there's a one where you build an underwater robot. sounds cool too.

#5 User is offline   Quado 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:41 AM

idk if this is kinda late...not to mention i was only in it for one year...but i was on team 2024 this past spring and we made it to nationals...um...we got there on the rookie thingy at the silicon valley regional at san jose state university were we seeded like 20 or sommat...then we were in the gallileo devision at nationals where we came in 24 out of the 80 teams there...it would have been better but there was some hard evidence indicating that we got shafted by one of our team mates...anyhoo it was awsome to go to atlanta and just be in that stadium the energy was like...overwhelming...i recommend that people who have not yet graduated should go and join their robotics team at their school...just the regionals is fun...yeah...

#6 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 05 December 2008 - 11:03 PM

bump, Katsu/gba/pancho/cere/others are up in Oahu for the weekend for the Vex competition at the Convention Center! Sayo, Boshi and I went down today to watch a couple of matches. Go Waiakea! (and McKinley!)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users