• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

COSPLAY! You know you wanna Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Overlord Chu 

• S^3
  • PipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:33 PM

Im in a slump for cosplaying. Anyone knows any good sites that sell cute Maid outfits? The usual store I look at is Cosmates.jp but they no longer sell what I wanted. Pooo *sob*

Please post up any links for cosplaying! Also disscuss too! We all wanna be like Ed, or Shinji, or Patato people from Initial D.

#2 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 13 September 2006 - 04:48 PM

COSPLAY w00t

This site sells really nice, quality outfits that target mostly maid and gothic maids. The only downfall is the price...the one I wanted was around $129.99 which was like a priestess outfit down gothic style with the colors blue/white (ie short skirt, etc.)

Mostly anime cosplay

Just in case you're looking for a backup, this site mostly caters to anime cosplay. Hope it works! : >

#3 User is offline   Neinball 

• Über Kommander, Biaaatch!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:14 AM

Or, you could always try making it by hand. Trust me, handmade is always cheaper.

I mean, the way I'm going with next year's AVcon is I'm cosplaying as a Warhammer 40k Space marine using plaster casting material (The sort they used to use for Broken legs) and fiberglass. Although I don't know how I'd be able to put it on and off. and it'd be pretty fragile, I guess.

And it'd be hard to move too.

But such is the price for an elaborate costume...

#4 User is offline   Sayonara 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:28 AM

I decided to go against those costumes online.
One, it's too expensive.
Two, I doubt they don't accept debit -.-
Three, I've already looked into handmade costumes. : >

For Kawaii Kon, I'm gonna try to cosplay as Tohno Akiha from Tsukihime (or if you play the game, Melty Blood) and someone already asked me to join a Fruits Basket group cosplay. Sakura (the girl who asked me) is placing me to cosplay Kisa.

Now I'm wondering...does anyone know the name of this character?
Posted Image
I'm thinking of cosplaying as this character yet...I don't know her name. She's a character from the Fire Emblem series. Thanks a lot! ^_^

#5 User is offline   ramengirl 

• PipPip

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:46 PM

yes i agree.. online costumes are fexpensive.. i like to make my own.. cuz 1. i so proud of my amateur sewin skillz and it'll fit yah and 2. i stay poor.. ._. ..

but yea.. the best way is to find things that are very similar out there in the regular clothing stores.. thrift stores are the best! and as a girl.. i find alot of helpful things at jeans warehouse haha >_> and sometimes walmart too.. for a lil more costly theres stuff at hot topic that can be converted too.. oh and ross.. but they dont have alot of things that could work.. tho they have scarves and belts and stuff.. maybe hats too

i got a schoolgirl outfit from jeanswarehouse (pleated skirt, tie, white buttonup shirt) and walmart (kneehighs):D .. no sewin involved.. ;) .. i bet if i tore it a lil and added a samurai sword.. and some battle scratches i got a cool cos outfit haha.. clothes altogether was around 30bucks.. ;) ..

for kawaii kon this year.. im thinking of tiffa.. cuz thats a simple outfit :P .. just gotta figure out the armband thingy.. i already bought my suspenders from hot topic.. they were 8bucks at alamoana :D

#6 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:45 PM

*bump*

much cosplay photos from Kawaii Kon, in fact Sayo has a pic of her cosplaying as her avatar. :3 I didn't cosplay this year, mebbe next time I'll give it a shot...

#7 User is offline   Sayonara 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 08 May 2007 - 10:53 PM

Tennis uniform ftw; you can cosplay/do minor alterations to your tennis clothes to be Seigaku since that's the team that came to mind when I remember thinking about your uniform. That's a suggestion~ :D

YEHS RG's, Chu's, and my cosplay went well with no mishaps >D Time to do it again next year :3 ...or Halloween >D

#8 User is offline   ramengirl 

• PipPip

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:10 PM

yay lets do it again XD .. !! sooo.. wut we doin for halloween ehhh?? :)

#9 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:46 AM

Halloween is coming up again :lol: is anyone gonna cosplay then/

#10 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:44 PM

haha well, Halloween is coming up again. Does anyone have plans this year?

#11 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2008 - 09:22 PM

lol id actually like to do somethin big this year but i have no idea wat XP

#12 User is offline   tsukihito 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:42 PM

Anyone have cosplay plans for KKon '11? Or is it too early yet? :3 Summer tends to be a good time to work on cosplay, depending on the amount of free time there is.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users