• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I need opinions and suggestions Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   anime21 

• *smack*
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:37 PM

I have a problem because I stand by what I say now but i don't know what or how I could fix it. I went to a meeting on thursday and I suggested that maybe Technology could help out with getting the principal to be more like a princiPAL. I mean she does talk to her staff, she does go into class rooms, she does go to the school events. It isn't like she isn't doing anything, but I feel she is missing something. She knows the students but I don't know if she really KNOWS the student. She recommended me into this meeting but she did it because she knew what I did, not what I am.

And although she says that she does move alot around school, I barely ever see her. Which means that there are other students that are in my position, too. I know it is impossible for her to be everywhere. But I know she can still be more to the students then just a principal though. The last principal had alot of respect from the students and all they would ever say are good things about him like "This principal is awesome, he knows me by name and we were just talking about what the both of us did this weekend." I don't hear that from anyone in the school.

And with the schools districts 20/20 plan, there will be much more technology integrated into the system. There will be many opportunities and chances for her to connect with the students more.

I don't know how to tell her, "hey you are wonderful! You do everything but you still can't get to anybody! You are still just the principal of the school. Sucks to be you." She does alot of things! Who am I to say that she is doing something wrong or is missing idk, something! She'd like to know how she could be more involved even though she is doing everything she can think of. Any responses? :unsure:

#2 User is offline   Quado 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

um... thats kinda a mouthfull but i think that i see what your getting at there...i think that its great that you have some sympathy towards your principal but there are some facts that you need to face

1-you wont be there forever
2- neither will your principal

basically i say either just get on with being there and sympathise or go up to your principal and just tell how you feel...

however, other than words of comfort, there is little that you can actually do to help your principal out...that job is like hard...and yeah...but it was something that they knew about when they took the job...basically though... id suggest going and voicing your opinion on the matter to your principal and see how they feel about it...then see where to go from there...

#3 User is offline   anime21 

• *smack*
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:26 PM

I did. Now she wants to know what more she can do. I can't pin-point it out. ^_^;; Thanks for the input Quado! :D

#4 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:11 PM

it's kind of hard to be everywhere but i think if they make a visible effort it will be good. :D

#5 User is offline   Quado 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:44 AM

if she gives out free stuff that would be great...everyone likes free stuff...but in a practical sense,i agree with bass, just making that visible effort will make it so that people will see more of her...if they see more of her then they think that she is paying more attention...that way she can connect with more students, at least on a sort of vague level...besides, at the very least, the kids will at least know who their principal is...though i cant say the same for vp's...heck i just recently learned that there were like two other ones that i didnt know about...and the ones that i did know about like dissappeared...but thats neither here nor there...yeah...visibility is the key though...

#6 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:21 AM

Yeah, it's true that you guys won't be at the same school forever but it's also true that not every principal is the same as the last one, no matter how friendly or evil they are. Sometimes a student doesn't really connect with the principal may not be the principal's fault but more like the student's fault instead for choosing not to connect. Possibly that's why?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users