• You cannot reply to this topic

Mouse repair Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:53 AM

I had a mouse that was having problems, and was outside of warranty. Logitech support was helpful, but ultimately they no longer produce the mouse and as such cannot give adequate service for it. I decided to take things into my own hands, since the warranty was over anyway.

Posted Image
Here are the switches, Omron D2FC-F-7N which are the same as the ones Logitech uses

Posted Image
This is the mouse in question, a G303 Daedalus Apex. It developed multi-clicking per press on the left click which means the switch has gone bad.

Posted Image
I used a screwdriver to lift up the mouse foot on the top

Posted Image
Same thing with the foot on the bottom. Logitech has molded in a small indent where you can insert a prying device making it easier to do so

Posted Image
Here is the mouse with the top and bottom feet. The ones in the center you can leave alone

Posted Image
Opening up the mouse. I am also able to clean the gunk buildup near the case seam that I couldn't reach normally.

Posted Image
Here is the G303's main PCB removed from the chassis.

Posted Image
Looking underneath. Apparently some G303's have had issues with the sensor lens rattling around, but not on mine.

Posted Image
I desoldered the old switch, here it is next to the replacement for comparison. The part numbers and what I'm assuming to be batch numbers are completely different. I think 'Omron' is molded into the switch body somewhere, so I am not too concerned about authenticity at this point

Posted Image
New switch soldered in. Visible difference between RoHS (right) and leaded (left) solder

Posted Image
Mouse reassembled and the feet ready to be put back on after some testing. It did in fact work properly in testing, so this procedure was a success.

From what people are saying online, this unintentional multi-clicking is a problem no matter what brand mouse you go with, as it is an issue of microswitches wearing out and all mice use similar form factor switches. Logitech mice seem to use the same microswitch however, so ordering replacements is easy. Now that I have the switches in, I should go and find my old MX510 from 2006 that I stopped using for this exact reason and see if it uses the same switches.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users