• You cannot reply to this topic

Turnigy Accucell6 button repair

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:00 PM

I've been using a Turnigy Accucell6 as my primary charger for quite some time now, and it's great. The only thing I don't like about it is that for whatever reason, the >/+ and Start/Enter buttons have 'died'. They didn't click like how they used to, and the Start/Enter button in particular required a lot of force for it to register a push. You can imagine how frustrating it is when trying to initiate a charge, only to realize after ten seconds or so you've been pushing hard for no reason.

Posted Image
Here's the charger pre-breakdown

Posted Image
Removing the shell, apparently the buttons are really tall ones with a cap on it

Posted Image
Removing the cap

Posted Image
I realized that I never took off the screen protection plastic, better late than never

Posted Image
Underneath, the two mosfets were sort of heatsinked to the bottom of the case

Posted Image
Peeling off the thermal pad

Posted Image
I removed the old switches using my reflow blower, and unfortunately I knocked off a smt resistor.

Posted Image
I guessed that it was also a 1002 like its cousins on the other switches, so I soldered a 10k normal resistor to the pads. Thankfully there was enough room for it

Posted Image
Wiring up switches from old electronics class projects

Posted Image
Soldering them to the pcb. I found out that only the top half is used, since the original switches are SPDT.

Posted Image
Plugged in, nothing exploded so I think it's okay

Posted Image
One last close look before it goes back together

Posted Image
Buttons work satisfactorily again, not to mention the screen looks better without the plastic covering it.

I'm genuinely surprised that the old stock project SPST pushbuttons I grew used to using about 12 years ago still work, and even more surprising that it looks almost factory. Too bad the button caps weren't black. :D

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users