• You cannot reply to this topic

Semi-serious but not for fun...seriously... Rate Topic: ****- 2 Votes

#1 User is offline   Quado 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:40 PM

um...i just thought that in light of the fact that most things in the gaming world do not have a set definitive value to them, i thought that it would be great if we could discuss the properties of magic. All of them. And if possible we could come up with a unifying theme for it. I guess. Basically its for the Project Blue Goat, but anything is open for discussion, so long as it applies, even if its vague.

I guess ill open the discussion by defining some types of magic that i am familiar with... the most basic of which is the magic vs magic circle...in most things, be it games, anime, or whatnot...there is always a circle of what defeats what...in Fire Emblem it was...uh...like Holy defeats Dark which defeats Anima which defeats Holy...see circle/triangle...with curves its a circle though... anyways i think that i came up with a decent flow of things...tell me what you thing of this... >>>

Water>Fire>Air>Nature>Earth>Lightning>Water
Light>Dark

The individual elements also have alignments...
Light- Water, Air, and Nature
Dark- Fire, Earth, and Lightning

So thats the start of it...yeah...

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:51 AM

Holy...see circle/triangle...with curves its a circle though... anyways

I roffled xD

But in all seriousness, the FE one is just as you said
Dark > Anime > Light > Dark

but there's also other layouts, some more complex than others (Pokemon comes to mind, even though it's not by standard definition 'magic', and even if I wasn't currently playing it I would have brought it up anyway). Is your goal classifying all of them? Defining weakness/strengths? Or both?

#3 User is offline   Silver 

• PipPip

Posted 29 March 2008 - 04:31 PM

Shonen, on Mar 26 2008, 01:51 AM, said:

Holy...see circle/triangle...with curves its a circle though... anyways

I roffled xD

But in all seriousness, the FE one is just as you said
Dark > Anime > Light > Dark

but there's also other layouts, some more complex than others (Pokemon comes to mind, even though it's not by standard definition 'magic', and even if I wasn't currently playing it I would have brought it up anyway). Is your goal classifying all of them? Defining weakness/strengths? Or both?

I'll do my best to help too once we figure out what your goal is. ;) Especially if you wanna bring Pokemon into the issue. :lol:

#4 User is offline   marmaldegirl16 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:32 AM

Um in kingdom hearts you could technically say dark > light > dark due to the fact that dark takes over, killing light (in a sense) and you (light) have to defeat dark...if that makes sense.

#5 User is offline   Quado 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:09 PM

i think that the whole dark Vs light thing would be most well explained with how Heroes of Might and Magic did...they just gave opposing factions an attacking bonus against their opposing faction...simply put, he who attacks first gets the attack bonus...idk if that helps on that point or not but yeah...

Fire-Earth
Air-Water

This is how the four elements are in Avatar: the Last Airbender
Basically opposing elements are across from each other...

Dark /
> Fire-Earth / V
Lightning--Nature
^ /Air-Water <
/ Light

the opposition round that i am proposing is as such...
where everything on one side of the / dividing thingy are of similar alignments...
basically one way of assinging what kills what is just to give bonuses based on whats attacking and not so much on the defense...the individual powers of the defender would be the determining factor on defense...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users