• You cannot reply to this topic

IPB2.2.1 Update Successful! Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:37 AM

As you probably have already noticed, DC has been upgraded from IPB2.1.7 to IPB2.2.1. :D There's a ton of wonderful new features, including profile commenting and friends networking (check it out!), as well as a sexier GUI and tons of AJAX functions as well. Have fun playing with all the new features, and lemme know what you think!

Unfortunately, because of this huge change, DC was down for about 5 hours (~9:30pm to 2:30am HST). Sorry to those people who wanted to get on, but unforunately couldn't. Also, Shonen-ish seems to be quite a popular skin but unfortunately is incompatible with IPB2.2 (it was designed for 2.1). I'll be working on getting the stuff straightened out with that, but until then we'll only have one skin choice, sorry!

The Weblinks section and Music section are still up, and OST Download section v2 is well on the way. :) It should be up soon, look for updates on that. I have to make them appear on the top nav bar again, but until then you can use the forum redirects.

Hope you like the new forum look and feel as much as I do!

Note: If you get some strange errors, or notice something out of place, let me know because I may have uploaded corrupted data here and there...IPB2.2 has over 1200 files that had to be re/uploaded so chances are I made a mistake somewhere.

#2 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:59 AM

This new version literally screams WIN!!11! I had so much fun playing around with my user settings xD It's much more organized, spacious (like it's not too cramped or the information utilizes the space give), and easier on the eyes. Shonen-ish skin was cool, too bad it couldn't make it to 2.2 but luckily maybe it'll work out. Go Sho and Unyo! The fast reply and fast edit has really improved greatly. :) Awesomeness :3 Even with the regular 'add reply', it changed as well with modifications making it better than ever.

One thing though, the Character RP isn't working as it keeps popping up as an error. But does it raise a question on keeping the RP section? o:?
Character RP error

#3 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 18 January 2007 - 02:53 PM

I have no idea, I'll go check to see why it's down. Most likely it's a permissions setting, but I can't be sure. I'm not familiar with the 2.2.1 algorithms yet... I haven't taken anything down.

#4 User is offline   Joshua Pack 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:35 PM

I want to play around with the user settings... when i have time

#5 User is offline   anime21 

• *smack*
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:29 AM

T3h R0x0rs!!!! It looks tres cool! Greaat Job Shonen-sama

#6 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:20 AM

Okay, more bad news...found out that the Weblinks system is incompatible with 2.2 (it was designed for 2.0 actually) so it has to be taken down. :( I also have to edit some links here and there to reflect this change.

That being said, I think the new features more than makes up for the Links section...hardly anyone was using it anyway. :\

#7 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:20 PM

Noooo! D: That kinda sucks...but gotta do what gotta be done.

#8 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2007 - 12:27 PM

i was wondering where the links went, now i gotta remember all of my favorites... the new forums is awesome though, i like playing around with the settings just like vejida XD

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users