• You cannot reply to this topic

Hi-Capa 5.1 "Compcapa" 8

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 24 October 2020 - 02:27 PM

Here's the build thread for another Hicapa I got in a lot, I'm not sure which model the slide is from but I believe it to be a WE due to the weight and wear of the paint on it.

Posted Image
Two ports up top next to the front sight. The orange is remnants of the orange plug at the muzzle, it was incompletely removed by the previous owner

Posted Image
Slide held by the stop, great view of the matching ports at the front of the outer barrel.

Posted Image
Breaking down the pistol, it came to me with a well worn Marui lower. I will be cleaning that up as well although I don't know if the final build with this slide will be using it.

Posted Image
Heavy wear on the Marui frame from lots of use. I will be inspecting the trigger components to make sure it is still good to go, but previous owner said that this pistol refuses to fire.

Posted Image
Field stripping the slide, lots of wear and grime on everything. Will have to blast this with engine degreaser as well

Posted Image
plastic barrel lock on the hop unit is broken, although still functional. Depending on the direction of this build the hop unit will likely be replaced anyway.

Posted Image
There was also damage to the rear of the slide, likely from the pistol being dropped. Does not affect the function as far as I know.

Posted Image
Dropping out the blowback unit

Posted Image
Grease smear on the side of the hop unit, very well used

Posted Image
Interesting to see that the inner barrel has an interference fit centering ring, also made of brass. I will take measurements to see if I can replace it on a better quality barrel, if not I guess I'll have to just polish this one and hope for the best.

I have a few lowers in mind for this one, but I will have to see which one it matches best with. Perhaps this Marui lower will end up being the one in the end.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users