• You cannot reply to this topic

TM Xtreme45 Hi-Capa 4.3" 9, reconstruction

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:20 PM

Here's my efforts to reconstruct a Tokyo Marui Xtreme45 full-auto 4.3 hicapa. Majority of this will be Marui based, but I did have to replace parts with what I had on hand.

Posted Image
Loctite on the guide rod, I got a two-piece one for this build as I did not have the original

Posted Image
Will be changing over the frame from a well-used Marui lower to a new 4.3" length frame

Posted Image
Minor fitment needed for the side panel, had a strange off-spec anomaly with the frame so I needed to sand out the alignment hole.

Posted Image
Comparing the disconnector design, top is standard Marui Hicapa and bottom is full auto Marui Hicapa.

Posted Image
Main sear design is different too, there's a blocker on the full auto sear (right).

Posted Image
Disconnector and main sears installed for side by side visual comparison

Posted Image
Valve knocker and knocker lock installed on side panel, hammer installed on frame. Ready to be reassembled.

Posted Image
Comparison of the Marui blowback units, the way it's designed to work is that the disconnector (right side track, bottom in the photo) controls the hammer drop in full auto. That's why the track is essentially reversed - if the trigger is held down, the blowback unit hitting the disconnector while returning to battery will cause the hammer to drop again.

Posted Image
Shortstroke with two Cowcow buffers to prevent the slide stop from eating up the slide. Stock Marui recoil spring (very soft) to control the rate of fire to make it controllable.

Posted Image
Full rear travel of the slide after short stroke. It's not much but it's enough to disable lockback on empty which tends to destroy the Marui plastic slides

Posted Image
Replacing the soft Marui spring with a much stiffer KJW, this will require positive engagement of the grip safety since the soft spring would actually fire without pushing the grip safety in.

More to come next time, it's almost done.

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 16 November 2020 - 05:42 PM

Finished up the build and tested it with great results.

Posted Image
Cowcow grey Hicapa grip, smooth and ready to accept either a stipple job or grip tape. KJW silver magwell, and a WE extended mag. I think I put a 140% nozzle return spring to remedy feeding problems I saw with an earlier full auto build.

This photo doesn't quite properly show the tone of the grip, but it was the first photo I took after assembling it

Posted Image
Chrono session for the pistol, the colors are much better in this pic.

Posted Image
I decided to keep the stock Marui recoil spring as it will limit the rate of fire to something manageable, and it seems to have worked. Just under 20rps will limit cooldown to the lowest it can be on full auto. There's quite a large swing of FPS but it should be better if the pistol is fired in shorter bursts. We're averaging around 300fps even with moderate cooldown effects which is excellent for short range.

https://www.youtube....h?v=cE8Szak8L4w

If anyone wants to pick this up, I was thinking $140 for the pistol as shown. Slide and internals are not used much, midframe and grip/magwell are brand new. Slide stop is well used, and there are black parts instead of silver like on the retail Xtreme.45 due to this coming from a 5.1 (really 3.8") donor frame. Two Cowcow short stroke bumpers installed to prevent the slide stop from eating the slide. I might have more KJW extended mags available after I swap out some O-rings since the valves are currently leaking.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users