• You cannot reply to this topic

Hicapa general info

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 31 October 2020 - 11:55 AM

This is a thread where I post general Hicapa information, generally information comparing between different companies. To kick it off here's a quick reference for Hicapa blowback unit comparison between KJW, WE, and TM.

Posted Image

KJW seems closest to TM aside from that weird false screw hole extension up front. TM BBW fits in KJW slide with minimal effort, and WE with some fitment. KJW does not fit in WE at all. WE sort of fits in KJW and TM slide, but I think you need to grind off that WE-specific top screw/alignment hole.

As far as I know, the main seal is all cross compatible.

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 10 November 2020 - 05:06 PM

Minor but important differences in the baseplate for WE and KJW 4.3 (short base) mags, after realizing that KJW did not fit in the WE magwell.

Posted Image
Light blue is the height of the actual mag base that seals against the mag body and extends downward. WE on the left is Marui-spec, whereas the KJW is significantly shorter.

Light green is the height of the baseplate above where it fits over the lip on the mag base. WE is much taller than the KJW, however due to the differing heights relative to the actual mag body, the KJW baseplate sits up higher and will hit Marui-spec magwells before the magazine catch engages.

I also noticed that there is a difference of spacing between the fill valve and the baseplate lock held by the follower spring. I'll do a complete comparison later on.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users