• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Saddam Sentenced to death by Hanging Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   anime21 

• *smack*
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 05 November 2006 - 04:57 AM

Nani kore?!?!?!?! Who would have thought that it would have gone this far! here it the link to the msn article about it in case you have lost touch with the news lately... but dang... I think it is awfully sad even if he was dictator for the longest time. To die by hanging seems very cruel.

http://www.msnbc.msn...67363/?GT1=8717

#2 User is offline   viper2681 

• Go die in a fire, faggots.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:41 AM

Wow, death by hanging? I can't say he doesn't deserve it, but no political prisoner being tried by the World Court has been hung since the WWII war crimes trials. I would've expected lethal injection, electricuted, or gassed (ironic!), but definately not hanging.

#3 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:07 PM

This is a big surprise right here, the most feared dictator to walk the halls in the Middle East is to die by hanging. In this day and age, one would expect something like what Vipah said,

lethal injection, electricuted, or gassed (ironic!)

The jury had the right to decide how deep Saddam's punishment would have to be; when hanging comes to mind, the next form of execution is a firing squad. If you look at it, they don't want to kill Saddam just like how he killed his people; an old fashioned execution would seem a bit apporpriate for him. Besides firing squads, hanging also was a traditional way of executing criminals in the Middle East, they're trying to reach their heritage by executing a man who, whether they like to admit it or not, is a fellow countryman in blood.

#4 User is offline   marmaldegirl16 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2006 - 05:03 PM

I don't know, I think he does deserve it in a way, and yea tradition is good, but hanging is, in my opinion, outdated, cruel and unusual punishment seeing how we now have the lethal injection.

#5 User is offline   Sayonara 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:34 AM

But remember how Saddam hurt his countrymen? If you say hanging is cruel punishment when there is the alternative of lethal injection, should he not suffer as much as his people has?

#6 User is offline   Neinball 

• Über Kommander, Biaaatch!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2006 - 11:08 PM

Well...eye for an eye makes the world go blind, as they say...

#7 User is offline   Sayonara 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 08 November 2006 - 09:54 AM

Hey Az, I was researching more on the topic of Saddam's hanging and I found this in the Sydney Morning Herald

o_o?

What do you think about that? Other than that, judging from different points of views, the world will pretty much be divided on his hanging because the issue is not who is being hanged but the laws, atricles, procedures, and the fine print of what gets a person to suffer the death penalty.

Russia thinks Iraq will be divided

#8 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:14 PM

He deserves whatever he gets. :angry: I wonder why they think iraq will be worse off, i think they'll do better cause they won't be in fear anymore.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users