• You cannot reply to this topic

G&G ARP9 Super Rangers (Fire)

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:03 PM

Seeing all the hype about this gun and actually handling one at Epower, I could not resist.

Posted Image
Picked up a Super Rangers version in "Fire" aka red. This was technically a second generation, after all the G&G ETU MOSFET failures of the original gun they apparently went and redesigned it. The PCB is much smaller and a different color I believe, but functionally they are identical (configurable Safe/Semi/Auto to Safe/Semi/3Burst). I removed the amplifier, it is the same type of soft plastic as my old GR16 Raider-L except all but the tip is painted black.

Posted Image
As I expected, the rail was a pain in the ass to remove. Two screws underneath and a very tight friction fit onto the barrel nut assembly. There is a 1.5mm set screw underneath the barrel nut assembly for anti-rotation purposes, that needs to pretty much be removed in order for the nut to turn.

Posted Image
Previous owner had a flashlight mounted on top of the rail for CQB, but unfortuantely did not know how to attach/remove it so it is completely stripped. I might need to dremel it off.

Posted Image
Bucking is not a G&G Green like previously mentioned, this may have been a Super Rangers rolling update. This is a new (to me) blue bucking with a split mound to stabilize the contact patch with two for more ocnsistent backspin application. I will see how it handles

Posted Image
G&G hopup unit included with the ARP is a rotary type, very similar in look and feel to Krytac units. Prometheus makes G&G and Krytac specific hopups so I'm not sure what the proprietary elements are, but it seems to do a good enough job so I will leave it in there for now.

Posted Image
Peeking inside and the hop arm can be opened up without removing its pivot pin.

More work on this gun will come later, saving up for a new gearbox and such for it. Until then, exterior mods only and they will be pretty basic.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users