• You cannot reply to this topic

TM M4A1 NGRS Socom Carbine

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 01 May 2020 - 05:07 PM

I brought in a Tokyo Marui M4 SOCOM NGRS last November, took a chance on it as it was listed by a Japanese seller as an "M1A1" but showed the M4A1 in the Recoil Shock box.

Turns out it was indeed as shown in the photos, and was fully functional with minor surface wear. I have heard endlessly about how good these rifles are, and I know firsthand about the build quality of a Marui Hicapa vs the clones, but shooting this thing is a joy. It doesn't shoot hard but it is accurate and consistent.

Posted Image
Unboxing, it is packed as though it was brand new

Posted Image
I am intending to turn this into a SOPMOD Block II replica, and as such the triangle front sight/gas block needs to come off.

Posted Image
Showing how the wires through the barrel nut

Posted Image
NGRS has a different barrel system than the old Marui AR platform.

Posted Image
The base of the barrel is a two piece affair

Posted Image
Removal of the front sight and fake gas tube. Barrel is ready to go back in

Posted Image
The Madbull replica of the Daniel Defense RIS II starting to be mounted

Posted Image
Fully attached, looks good

Posted Image
Displaying with accessories. I bought a bunch of SOPMOD crane stocks for it to see which one has the best fit and finish, and the results kind of surprised me.

LCT stock, which is installed in this photo, is by far the worst one...very rough surface finish, poorly fitting battery cap below the recoil pad, loose position lock.
SHS stock, surprisingly good. Very good price and comes with mounting hardware.
G&G stock by far the best, fit and finish is great and probably cheap to buy on its own.

Posted Image
Trying out a fourth stock option, the Crusader Bravo Enchanced Sopmod from Redwolf. This is supposed to be a replica of the B5 Systems Enhanced SOPMOD stock

Posted Image
...but it's not. It's actually a replica of the regular B5 Systems SOPMOD stock. The 'wings' are smaller with no storage capability, and there is no sling hole forward of the position lock.

Left is the LCT crane stock for comparison.

Posted Image
Again, the wings are smaller because there's no storage option in them. Again, LCT crane stock on the left.

Posted Image
It might also have a too-tight bore to fit on most of the mil-spec buffer tubes I have for my AEGs. The only one I could find that fits is the non-Marui spec ZCI buffer tube. Would not fit on an actual Tokyo Marui buffer tube.

Posted Image
This is as far down as I can get it on a KWA buffer tube

Posted Image
Here it is on an ACM, likely JG, buffer tube. Same story

I will see what options I have. I might just use the G&G stock, but since the model is already front wired I am looking into getting an actual LMT or B5 Systems stock for it, as it deserves to have a good stock on it.

So far as upgrading the performance of this replica - I am undecided. I will leave it as is for now, and I suppose will leave it alone until it breaks.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users