• You cannot reply to this topic

KWA M93R

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 06 May 2020 - 05:14 PM

Recently picked up a not fully functional Raffica, did not mean to gain another pistol project but here we are. Previous owner fully disclosed its condition and I am well aware it will take some work to get it fully functional again.

Posted Image
I have not held an M9 in quite a long time but I don't think it was nearly as thiccc as the M93R is. Most of its functionality happens visible from underneath the right grip panel.

Posted Image
Here are its mechanisms, the contraption up top is controlled by the slide and the contraption going down the grip is what controls its infamous 3-round burst function. This commonly fails on all M93Rs out there, so we shall find out why

Posted Image
Both of those brass bits are just tubing serving as a low-friction bushing for the stamped components, they can be swapped out independently.

Posted Image
The primary reason that the gun fails to function normally is due to these sears being constructed out of 1mm thick sheet metal stamps. The tooth on this piece has worn away so it is no longer catching on the other piece, leading to full-auto in Burst mode.

Posted Image
Moving on, further disassembling the barrel assembly. Plastic outer barrel, standard KWA inner barrel and hop unit functionality.

I have not yet shot this pistol yet, but racking the slide to check the hammer reset also shows more reliable function if pressure is applied to the right side directly over the external sear. This may be due to a tolerance issue or a sticky component more inside the pistol's chassis. We shall see

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users