• You cannot reply to this topic

G&P Colt 9mm SMG based off of Colt R0635

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:56 PM

I forgot to make a thread for this when I got it last year, this is a G&P Colt 9mm SMG, based off of the Colt R0635 version.

Posted Image
Rollmarks look very nice, G&P live up to their reputation for external accuracy

Posted Image
Accurate upper with no forward assist or 5.56mm brass deflector, instead with the enlarged 9mm brass deflector.

Worth mentioning is that the dust cover does not close properly, the detent for some reason is too large to allow it to stay shut.

Posted Image
The body is a slightly lighter shade of grey than the furniture and flash hider. I do not know if this is accurate to the real R0635.

Posted Image
After taking the AEG out to shoot for the first time, we discovered that the magazine internals suck. A lot. All four of them are incapable of feeding properly in the replica with zero modifications.

Posted Image
One of the problems is the follower does not allow a proper bb stack due to it being just rounded. A King Arms follower (left) is asymmetrical which allows the first bb in the magazine to shift to one side, properly starting the double stack and allowing proper feeding.

I replaced the followers of the G&P mags with the King Arms follower. It feeds better, but is still not 100% reliable in my test of holding the

Posted Image
These are Restricted Enhanced Magazine Followers from Clandestine/HS5. They are designed to be an improved follower that contributes to a proper doublestack and has low friction inside of the magazine bb track.

Unfortunately the bend on the 9mm magazine is too sharp to use these. They do clip into the magazine spring ends very well though, the King Arms followers sometimes fall off on their own weight, but work when they are under tension inside the magazine.

I will have to figure out what to do, if a magazine spring replacement is viable for these or not. Brill has some of those Maple Airsoft Supply springs, maybe I'll get some of those to try next.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users