• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Member of the Month and Random Member Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   bura 

• Creator of Happy the Fluffy Bunny and eMo-ose
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:36 AM

Well, back on SaL we had a big vote of members in categories, so on this forum I thought we could do something 'smaller'. Basically have a mod start a topic called 'Member of the Month' in the General Forum or something and everyone can post in their with the person they think deserves the title of Member of the Month (or MoM, which is nice in May). After a week the mod can count up the nominations and whomever got the most is the MoM. We can have a Hall of Fame here or in the News/Updates forum (insert 'or something' here) and list all the winners and runner-ups there. BTW if you didn't realise, this only happens once a month, after it's finished.

As for Random Member, it's pretty much like a smaller, weirder version of the Slambook. We have a thread here or in the game threads forum where people can suggest categories to vote in. These can be anything from 'Forum Legend' to 'Most likely to be a hyper intelligent form of cabbage' but try and keep em not quite as wild as that, be creative though. Every week a mod chooses two/three of the suggestions and makes a thread with them and explaining what's going on for all those who are new or just plum forgot. Like MoM, people nominate/vote for the person they think best fits the category and at the end of the week the mod counts up the votes, announces the winners, unpins the thread and puts the results (just the winners this time) in the Random Member Hall of Fame, which can be pinned in the forum that the voting threads are in.

Ouch, fingers sore from long post >.<, but well? What do you think?

Oh and I stole this from another forum, much like I stole the Slambook.

And once we get going we can have things like 'Sig of the Month' a competition where people make a sig on a particular category (like, flowers or something) and then people vote on which one they like best (in a different thread) and the winners go into ANOTHER HoF. And things like Poet/Writer of the Month which works more like MoM.

I have others, that I think came from me and not another forum.

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 22 October 2005 - 01:59 PM

That's a good idea... however, I think we should wait for the forum to grow a bit before we start things like this. ^^;

I like the random member thing, it sounds like fun. :)

#3 User is offline   Kurama (Reinitiated) 

• BACK IN BLACK
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2005 - 02:24 AM

yay I like this idea I think it would be fun to do this every month expecailly when you get to vote

But I also agree with shonen that we should wait until the forum grows because there are not that many people here yet

#4 User is offline   bura 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2005 - 10:32 PM

Once the forums are more active then.

Very well, I shall then close this thread.

#5 User is offline   bura 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:23 AM

I know, I know, double post BUT I have good reason. My question is uber important, like all of my questions.

So here goes....

Does anyone here know what's for lunch?

j/j :P

How many members is enough?

#6 User is offline   gba_fan 

• Ken-chan, missing L's since 3/2007
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:30 PM

At least 50, 36 right now isn't enough and if it's member of the month then everyone would be covered in 3 years (btw read my sig j/k j/k j/k XP).

This post has been edited by bura: 26 November 2005 - 10:56 PM

#7 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:08 AM

This seems like a really nice idea, but I still agree with it having at least more members. Fifty..? That sounds average enough. Hopefully after the first of the awards, maybe more people will be attracted to it and sign up as members?

I like that one bura, 'Most likely to be a hyper intelligent form of cabbage' XD

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users