• You cannot reply to this topic

Super Smash Bros. Melee woohoo XD Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:01 PM

I'm sure almost everyone here will have something to say about it...

Name: Super Smash Bros. Melee (original: 大乱闘 スマッシュ ブラザーズ DX)
Genre: Fighting
Platform: GameCube
Developer: HAL Labs
Publisher: Nintendo
ESRB Rating: T (dunno why, lol)
  • Gameplay: 10/10
    Just...wow. So much fun, I don't know anyone who doesn't like this game.

• Controls: 10/10
    Despite the depth of high-level play, the actual controls are easy to learn and become fluent with, as is the special moves control scheme (it's only direction+button, unlike other figher games where moves are strings of commands). The only possible way it could get any better is if they would enable C-Stick in single player mode.

• Replay value: 10/10
    This is where SSBM really shines, it never gets boring even when you've mastered (or so you think) the game. This is especially true when you have someone else to play with...

• Graphics: 9/10
    Considering the platform (GC isn't the best platform for graphics, and the fact that this game was released about seven years ago, the graphics are pretty good. The character models are high-poly (especially compared to the first game, lol) and there are nice effects of texture and rendering of fire/water/ice/etc. Very amazing...the only reason I gave this a 9 is because the graphics are so good, they cause the game to lag under certain circumstances...which is less desirable than a lower-poly model with perfect fps rate, especially with a game like this.

• Character Development: n/a
    Don't think it's fair to include this really, the only character development happens when you get a super/poison mushroom

• Storyline: 7/10
    The 'story mode' for SSBM is pretty much Adventure Mode, which is quite interesting, but is too much like the original Mario series to be of much replay value. The first time through, it is indeed fun, but after awhile you're just playing it to unlock stuff.

• Sounds/Music: 10/10
    The music is rediculously good, which is fortunate considering the amount of time we spend playing...the original music, and the orchestrated soundtrack, 'Smashing...Live!' is one of my top favorite cd's of all time.

• Multiplayer: 10/10
    I have never met anyone who will pass up a game of Smash, and I know quite a few people whose lives have been ruined cause of this game (lol). It just never gets boring, there's always something new to learn or techinques to polish, and as a testament to that, we unlocked the milestone 4995 match event (the game tells you when you reach it, cause it's about 1c per bout since MSRP was $49.95) last year.

Overall rating: 9.43/10 A

This is the top game to have if you have friends over, as the multiplayer never gets boring. I can't wait to see how Brawl will live up to Melee, but we can always be hopeful. People thought Halo was untoppable, and then Halo 2 proved us wrong. That said, though, I hope they still have a Melee competition at Kawaii Kon...

#2 User is offline   Joshua Pack 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:13 PM

I'm having competitions at my shop when brawl comes out. I am hoping it will come out soon :-\ although, i would rather wait for it to be a good one then having it now.

#3 User is offline   Rocky Trigger 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:53 AM

View PostShonen, on Nov 25 2007, 12:01 PM, said:

I have never met anyone who will pass up a game of Smash
You have now. :P

#4 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:00 AM

Then you haven't played a real game yet.

#5 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 24 March 2009 - 07:54 PM

man I haven't played smash in forever. Kayton keeps bugging me to try brawl+, but I'd rather play a game that's fine as it is already... melee ftw

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users