• You cannot reply to this topic

Mario Tennis the whole series Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 16 January 2006 - 03:01 AM

This is the topic for the Mario Tennis series, starting with the Mario Tennis GBC, and progressing to Mario Tennis 64, Mario Power Tennis on the GC, and finally Mario Tennis Power Tour for the GBA. I've played all four, and I can say that the handheld versions are the best. They have an RPG aspect to them, and I really enjoy training my character in a way which fits my play style. On top of that, Camelot has teamed up with Nintendo (Golden Sun-esque) again, which made the RPG section (and the character sprites) just amazingly awesome.

All of these games are great for any tennis (or even non-tennis) fan/player, and I enjoyed all of them. If I had to recommend one to someone, Mario Tennis Power Tour is the best I've played, with Mario Tennis 64 coming in a close second.

Anyone else played games from this series?

#2 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:30 AM

Hell yes!!1!1! I've played 3 out of the 4. All except the GBA one. hoping to play but once again...broke...anyway I think at the moment the GCN on is good only if you play without stupid special moves. That'll bring out the player in you...but if you're going to play without them its like the N64 one so its really close.

#3 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:54 AM

I only played the N64 Mario Tennis which is to say, really really good! The one for GBC was my cousin's I think or something; I got to play some but never found the game.

I still want to play Mario Power Tennis for the GC; I played a demo at Gamestop and...whoa. I wanna play! XD Now I wanna check out the Mario Tennis Power Tour for GBA. Sounds like fun! w00t!

#4 User is offline   Grim 

• bah... Evil
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:33 AM

I've only played the gamecube version and I think it's funny but it has to few things to do and the things to do isn't that funny. I would like to have a world tour instead of a couple of lame tournaments and stuff... and a possibility to play double tournaments

Overall it's a great game but if you don't have a lot of friends it will get boring fast :(

#5 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:15 AM

I don't even play tennis, and I think these games are awesome.

The Gamecube version is fun, but those power shots are irritating...

#6 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:19 PM

Haha yeah, I think so too. When I played the GC version, I made sure the power shots were turned off.

Although, it is fun if you wanna play a game of crazy tennis. XD

#7 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2006 - 10:39 AM

Hey, the gba version of the Mario tennis has power shots too. They seem cool, the graphics are great too. :)

#8 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 03 March 2006 - 02:41 AM

Yeah, Camelot is a part of the project (think Golden Sun), which makes the sprite animations extremely awesome and smooth.

I love their little expression bubbles. :P

#9 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:11 PM

I played the gamecube version this past weekend, it's pretty fun. although the power shots make it harder to play sometimes. :(

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users