• You cannot reply to this topic

djK.YOSHI? yeah, I'm gonna try. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 17 June 2008 - 03:43 AM

well, after going to oahu, long nights, attempting to sleep caused me to think. listening to music is like another dimension. it fascinates me. when you think about it, it's just a bunch of sounds, put together to sound good [or at least to that person anyways] and to give a certain feel. I started thinking, what if I can do the same? what if people can enjoy my music even a little bit. what if...so here I am, after seeing kakashi start up his own project, that I will too. I plan on making music and it'll start off as really simple stuff. we'll see how this goes.

Things I need help on:
--programs, software, etc.
-any suggestions?

--samples.
-if you have any clips that I can sample for my music, let me know. I want to play around with looping and stuff like that.

--any other suggestions to help me get started.
-like it says above, what might help me in the long or short run,
-any criticism appreciated, just keep it clean, this is completely experimental so far.

thanks!!

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:12 AM

The software aspect cannot be discussed here for obvious reasons, but I can try and get you what you want. The Sennheisers I got you will be put to the test, although they are a bit bass-y so try to compensate for that.

you should also think about investing in a sound card if you don't have one, onboard sound isn't too great and will definately not be able to handle the rendering of tracks well.

#3 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:56 AM

Ohhh goodness, true that. How much do those go for? I think it'll be pretty helpful to have one.

#4 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 18 June 2008 - 01:49 AM

The one I have, the Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS, is excellent...but it's for laptops lol. It ran be about 80 bucks in fall 2006, so you can get a sound card for much less than that with desktop hardware. I recommend Creative for obvious reasons. Look around on their website and see what fits your needs and price range.

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/

#5 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 18 June 2008 - 02:50 AM

Okay, so looking at the site so far, I found what I need and what I want.

I'm sure you all know that I lost my old Creative Zen Stone Plus so I'm taking a look at another one. It's $31.99 and it would be perfect for most of the things I would need and want it for. It's an mp3 player that's super small so I can carry my mixes and songs on it. 2GBs is pretty good for 30 bucks too. Here it is.
Creative Zen Stone Plus

Next is something I should have if I'm going to be doing any audio work. It's a sound card. It's currently running for $69.99. Looks good to me.
Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio

Last, but not least, are these headphones. Sho already has them and they're going for half price on Newegg.com. They're the Sennheisers and they are nuts. I'm fine with the ones I have now, it's just that it's a bit small sometimes and depending how I'm feeling, the headphones can actually give me a headache because they're clamping my head. Anyways, $99 for these.
Epic Sennheisers

Help me out? =] It will be much appreciated.

#6 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:17 PM

did sho tell/give u the AA program. if u dont know wat the program is ask me on messenger bcuz i dont wanna say the name bcuz sho didnt say it ,"for obvious reasons." im pretty sure itll help u w/ wat u wanna do

#7 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:18 PM

I have it, no worries. Pretty soon guys, pretty soon.

#8 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:58 PM

wow cool shininamaru, I'm waiting to see what you produce! :D

#9 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:27 PM

news!

I haven't started making anything yet, sadly. I need to listen to more stuff and see what I need to do.

I did, however, make a little mix of two songs. I used what they had in common [SOMEBODY SCREAM!!] and mixed them. blah, once I figure out how to put stuff up here, I'll put it up for download.

#10 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:32 PM

lol dont forget to remember NOT to rely too much on other people's mixes. to b a great dj u have to create your own style. u can use others to help but after u find ur own style, stick to it and itll work out for u alot better!

#11 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:28 PM

well that's just mixing, djing a whole different story. now writing music. GAHHHH i need to make a reliable beat! then I can start. gooooood dammit.

#12 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:33 AM

you should do versus songs with other dj's :D that would be awesome!! is anyone else from DC gonna write music too?

#13 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 24 June 2008 - 09:07 PM

kakashi already is. if kakashi gives me pieces to use then I will myself do a vs. song. sounds fun.

#14 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:23 AM

d00ble post.

My second project will be...MIXING RYU☆'S SET FROM BEATNATION SUMMIT!
yeah, stuff like the second heaven intro sampled into setsugekka and speed differences from the original ones and stuff. LOL that might mean the mix might be a bit long for you people. but hah, if I get this done, I'll be a bit accomplished. As much as I hate to say, some of my favorites do come from him. /seppuku.

edit: so far got the second heaven and setsugekka.

#15 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:12 PM

just wondering how far you've gotten with this project, I know you've been busy and stuff. I've actually been working on something too (couple of you know), and hopefully get that up too.

#16 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 24 February 2009 - 06:19 PM

I haven't really been working on it. Though I have been mixing, it's for school funtions and such so it's not really a big deal. I have something in mind, but I still need to make a beat for it and try it out.

#17 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 02 March 2009 - 09:38 PM

d00ble post, but I think I'm going to change my alias. I won't be full-fledge dj status, but maybe fool around in the other genre's too. we'll see what happens.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users