• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

sk0t Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Unyo-kun 

• Wind Tranqulity Wavemaster (NPC)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:59 AM

A Linux user who was jailed for uploading a film onto a peer-to-peer service has been told he will have to switch to Windows if he wants to use a computer again.

Scott McCausland, who used to be an administrator of the EliteTorrents BitTorrent server before it was shut down by the FBI, pleaded guilty in 2006 to two copyright-related charges over the uploading of Star Wars: Episode III to the Internet. As a result, he was sentenced to five months in jail and five months' home confinement.

McCausland--who also goes by the name "sk0t"--has since been released from jail, but on Tuesday he reported on his blog that the terms of his sentence meant he would have to install Windows if he wanted to use a computer during his probation. "I had a meeting with my probation officer today, and he told me that he has to install monitoring software onto my PC," wrote McCausland. "No big deal to me...that is part of my sentence."

"However, their software doesn't support GNU/Linux (which is what I use)," continued McCausland. "So, he told me that if I want to use a computer, I would have to use an OS that the software can be installed on. Which basically means: Microsoft and monitoring software or no computer. I use Ubuntu 7.04 now, and they are trying to force me to switch. First they give me two felonies, then they throw me in prison, and now this."

http://news.com.com/Linux+felon+forced+to+...rt=rss&tag=
2547-1_3-0-5&subj=news

>>McCausland--who also goes by the name "sk0t"--has since been released from jail, but on Tuesday he reported on his blog that the terms of his sentence meant he would have to install Windows if he wanted to use a computer during his probation. "I had a meeting with my probation officer today, and he told me that he has to install monitoring software onto my PC," wrote McCausland. "No big deal to me...that is part of my sentence."

>>who also goes by the name "sk0t"--has since been released from jail,

>> the name "sk0t"

>> sk0t

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 26 August 2007 - 08:51 PM

roflolmaooerololerskates

what a find! and what an unfortunate username he has...

ps. this isn't the sk0t we all know and... ...hate... cause the sk0t we know and haet has a macbook /barf

#3 User is offline   viper2681 

• Go die in a fire, faggots.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:16 AM

It's all in the name, baby.

#4 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 03:55 PM

haha wow, that's a junk sentence. why's his name so bad?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users