• You cannot reply to this topic

Endless Frontier and EXCEED Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:18 AM

What if I told you that there was a NDS RPG that nobody has heard of with an innovative battle system, multiverse type setting, massive fanservice, bad puns galore, great music, crossover characters and a full celebrity voice acting cast? Would you believe me?

Okay, first off, the battle system. Nothing quite beats a video, so here you go:

The seiyuu list is just as impressive. Here we go:

Haken Browning: NOBUYUKI HIYAMA aka Ikkaku Madarame (Bleach), Viral (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann), Link (Legend of Zelda/Super Smash Bros.), Takeshi Nakazato (Initial D), Joe Higashi (Fatal Fury/King of Fighters), Batsu Ichimonji (Rival Schools)

Aschen Brodel: KAORI SHIMIZU aka Lain Iwakura (Serial Experiments Lain), Motoko Minagawa (Fruits Basket), Hiyori Tamura (Lucky Star), Little Sister (Bioshock), Lamia Loveless (Super Robot Taisen Original Generations)

Kaguya Nanbu: YUKANA aka Teletha Testarossa (Full Metal Panic!), Isane Kotetsu (Bleach), C.C. (Code Geass), Yumi Azusa (Soul Eater), Kazehana (Sekirei)

Suzuka-hime: MAMIKO NOTO aka Nodoka Miyazaki (Mahou Sensei Negima), Yakumo Tsukamoto (School Rumble), Kotomi Ichinose (Clannad), Shinji Kazama (Full Metal Panic!)

Reiji Arisu (Namco X Capcom): KAZUHIKO INOUE aka Inspector Shiratori (Detective Conan), Hatori Sohma (Fruits Basket), Hatake Kakashi (Naruto), Shigure (Samurai X movie), Keiichi Tamaru (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu)

Xiaomu (Namco X Capcom): OMI MINAMI aka Hyatt (Excel Saga), Tama (Gintama), Megumi Hanajima (Fruits Basket), Satsuki Yumizuka (Melty Blood)

KOS-MOS (Xenosaga): MARIKO SUZUKI aka Yuu Takigawa (Air Master), Echidna Iisaki (Super Robot Wars Original Generations), Nohime (Samurai Warriors)...also, T-ELOS (Xenosaga + Endless Frontier) and Cardia Basirissa (Endless Frontier)

and that's not even counting the supporting characters (NPC, antagonists).

The second game, Mugen no Frontier EXCEED, was released last year but as of now there are no indications of a translated release Stateside (or elsewhere). The new characters have more celeb voice acting:

Aledy Naash: TOMOKAZU SEKI aka Kyo Sohma (Fruits Basket), Toji Suzuhara (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Kunio Murai (Great Teacher Onizuka), Domon Kasshu (G Gundam), Sosuke Sagara (Full Metal Panic!), Gilgamesh (Fate/Stay Night)

Neige Hausen: NANA MIZUKI aka Hinata Hyuga (Naruto), Fate Testarossa (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha), Nanami Madobe (Microsoft Windows 7)

Axel Almer: NOBUTOSHI CANNA aka Kabuto Yakushi (Naruto), Ban Mido (Get Backers), Nnoitora Gilga (Bleach), Lancer (Fate/Stay Night), Li Pailong (Shaman King)

Einst Alfimi: YUKO MIZUTANI aka Excellen Browning (Super Robot Wars), Sora Takenouchi (Digimon), Minnie Mouse (Kingdom Hearts)

again, not including the supporting characters and antagonists. The enemies from the previous game come back, and you get most of them as support attacking characters.

The first game is available in English, but seeing as there's no news yet of localization of EXCEED there's a translation project going on by a cool dude called Noitora. I uploaded a patched .nds for you guys' enjoyment; the menus, items, weapons and locations are 90% or so translated, but not the dialogue.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=243SL176

Give this series a try. I've given the first game to a couple of my friends and they all loved it. I beat the game at level 40 ish I believe, and kept on doing random battles til my entire party (all seven of them) was level 99...because it's that awesome.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users