• You cannot reply to this topic

PSP vs DS Battle between the two handhelds Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:53 AM

This was bound to come sooner or later. The ultimate battle between the two of the latest handheld systems: PSP and DS

Posts on which one is better based on...opinions and facts. Haha, this could help in the future when purchasing one.

#2 User is offline   viper2681 

• Go die in a fire, faggots.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:31 AM

In my personal opinion, the PSP isn't that great. There aren't as many games, extra memory for everything costs a buttload of money, and the battery life is less than spectacular, and its regionlocked. The good thing is that due to the size of each memory stick, you can put in whatever you want in it.

The DS, on the other hand, has no nifty doohickeys. However, the battery life is very long, there're more games, and it's not regionlocked.

Personally, I'd get a DS.

#3 User is offline   Neinball 

• Über Kommander, Biaaatch!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2006 - 04:26 PM

Posted Image

Enough said, if you really wanna ask me.

#4 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2006 - 10:34 AM

View Postviper2681, on Mar 6 2006, 09:31 AM, said:

In my personal opinion, the PSP isn't that great. There aren't as many games, extra memory for everything costs a buttload of money, and the battery life is less than spectacular, and its regionlocked. The good thing is that due to the size of each memory stick, you can put in whatever you want in it.

The DS, on the other hand, has no nifty doohickeys. However, the battery life is very long, there're more games, and it's not regionlocked.

Personally, I'd get a DS.

Isn't the DS able to play the older nintendo games too?

View PostDarkAngelAzrael, on Mar 6 2006, 04:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

Enough said, if you really wanna ask me.

I don't get it, Azeral

#5 User is offline   Neinball 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:14 PM

Think about it: the DS is the rattle with 2 rattleheads, and the PSP is the huge rattle.

#6 User is offline   gba_fan 

• Ken-chan, missing L's since 3/2007
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2006 - 07:15 PM

rofl^ nice. i personally got both. (took a hell long time to save and 2 birthdays man...) the psp is great for the newer games that have insane graphics while i enjoy the ds games for the multiplayer. the ds and psp both have an insane lineup of games out and on the release list so my advice is this. save for a very long time and dont eat. buy both :D

#7 User is offline   Lacer/Lacen 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 March 2006 - 11:30 PM

My opinion as a former game freak... These two hand-held systems can't be compared to the point where you can just blatently say which one is better than the other. They're just too different from one another. If you want me to go into detail about both hand-held systems I will. All it is are pro's and con's, not really which one is better than the other. They both go into their own fields of expertise. So yeah, I don't see how you can compare these two systems with one another, they just can't be considered better than the other... It's all preference! Take the two guilty gear games for the DS and the PSP, they're both different and innovative!!! Just like the DS and the PSP!!!

#8 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 12 March 2006 - 12:45 AM

so my advice is this. save for a very long time and dont eat. buy both

Haha, sounds like a plan, don't eat and buy them. That's like Shonen not eating and saving for his FD! <.< >.> wait...he probably is ^_^;;;

True you can't say which one is better than the other but when it sometimes comes down to the decision on buying one and only one (first! you can get the second one later) than you're up to a tough decision.

#9 User is offline   Lacer/Lacen 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 March 2006 - 09:03 PM

Like I said before...it's all in the preference... What would one who wants a handheld system rather get out of buying one of the two systems? Being able to play fun and unique innovative games using the DS's touch pad and unique gaming system or playing games with better graphics and being able to watch UMD movies on the side... It's all in the preference. Both have great things to offer... Don't go saying that the PSP's roster doesn't have many games now... It kinda went up a few notches last I checked... The DS doesn't have that many more games than the PSP does... Just wait a little while longer...and see for yourself which one will be better in the long run. Dependant on what types of games you'd like to play and/or if you're a Sony or Nintendo fan...that'll determine which one of the two you'll buy... Who cares about whether or not one has to choose between the two first off if they're planning on getting the other one later anyway... It all depends on what you feel as though you should have/which one you'll make use of the most... Catch my drift? Laters guys...

#10 User is offline   Neinball 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:14 PM

Oooh! I now have a plan to get Handheld consoles! *goes all African-like and lives off his fat reserves*

#11 User is offline   Quado 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 15 March 2006 - 07:50 AM

...um...i tried that...and all i got was hungry...so i had a snack...i gotta tell my mom we're out of beef...and saimin...and orange juice...and well..we need to go shopping...

#12 User is offline   Bad 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 March 2006 - 06:41 PM

thanks az for the nice picture XD its true.... but think about it ds has 2 screens while psp has one XD and yea.. they are kinda colored in that specific color for some reason... any way yea... the ds has its perks it has two screens ones a touch screen although you cant surf much on the internet besides those wifi games... but thats not really surfing the internet... although you cant play music on the ds it sure is fun playing games on it.. like trauma center or mario kart ds any way psp has some what of a variety of games and a variety of movies too....i think over all psp is a better system

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users