• You cannot reply to this topic

SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL SPOILERS Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:41 PM

It's finally out in Japan. Now we have to wait till March 9th to find out how its like.

Character roster:

Spoiler

WHOOOOOOOO

#2 User is offline   waddles 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:57 PM

So retarded.... but I will be sucking with at least 10 characters now =D muahahahaha. Fear teh noobness!

#3 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:35 PM

Aw man, why'd they bring back IC D: and there's too many LoZ characters for my liking, they should have included more characters from FE, F-Zero, and possibly other series like Megaman (battle network?) or maybe Mii's XD

#4 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:23 PM

wow it's out in japan already? that's pretty cool, I can't wait for it to come here. :D

#5 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 30 January 2008 - 04:12 PM

If anything since most of those characters aren't as significant. Wolf and Toon Link were two characters I was hoping to get in SSBB. Not to mention paper mario and stuff but most of those will either be a assist trophy, trophy, or a sticker. Yep. should be fun.

Edit: Videos show that Falco may have TWIN blasters. More win for me =]

This post has been edited by shininamaru: 30 January 2008 - 04:26 PM

#6 User is offline   waddles 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:44 PM

Falco with laser = gayz0rz........ Falco with twin lasers = fuck youz0rz >.< well... I just want to pick up anyone that's fun to use.... considering I probably won't be too good at it, might as well play for fun XD

#7 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 30 January 2008 - 10:53 PM

^ lol Waddles made a funny

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-47kq-7...-j-70-2ews.html
the play-asia link, looks like Nintendo is magnifying the understock problem by not shipping out everything on release day. ): sound familiar?

#8 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:14 PM

Those bitches. Oh yeah the Wii isn't region free is it? It better be...D: I don't want no american acting gayness to act for snake and stuff. that would be a gayness indeed.

Marth is even more broken with his final smash. He points his sword up to the sky then dashes forward retardedly quick in a straight horizontal path that can hit multiple characters and is an instant kill from 0%. It even adds the life bars from FE on top of the characters draining. He dashes across the stage if needed and even in the air. OMG~

#9 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:53 PM

the Wii is region protected, why wouldn't it be? the Gamecube was too. That's why there are modchips (Viper GC/Xeno) and swapdiscs.

#10 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 31 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

GARGH then the american one better have options to change the audio to japanese or something like it like gc one did.

#11 User is offline   Unyo-kun 

• Wind Tranqulity Wavemaster (NPC)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:06 PM

two words:

NO PICHU </3

#12 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 01 February 2008 - 09:29 PM

haha yeah. they took him out. go use like ROB or something. he's so...unorthodox.

#13 User is offline   Unyo-kun 

• Wind Tranqulity Wavemaster (NPC)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:35 PM

yeah, but he's not my style. i want uber-cute and useless, not buttugly and useless (see: Game and Watch)

i'll probably end up using pikachu (if he's not a fatty anymore), kirby (if he's not a fatty anymore), or metaknight (but he isn't cute at all, so :( )

and even though rob is unorthodox, he's going to be powerful, and i'm not to happy with that. i want fast, useless moves like pichu (hence the metaknight)

also, NO SHOTA LINKU ;_; just gay toon link

#14 User is offline   waddles 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:16 AM

Lol, I find toon link to be a very interesting addition to the roster. Now that I've heard about Marth's finals smash.... well then =D <333 muahahaha. But even so, I think it would probably be hard to hit people with it... like the animation leading up to the attack takes too long or something, so it could easily be guarded or dodged.... unless is it unblockable AND undodgabal?

#15 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 02 February 2008 - 12:27 PM

seems like it. its an instant lunge across the screen and hits over a very wide range, even behind him. I just took another look but I'm pretty sure you can combo with it...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=d6UFj_5FUcU

#16 User is offline   Joshua Pack 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:52 AM

once it comes out we all need to play against each other!!! through the WIFI!!!

By the way, wanna share your Wii ID???

#17 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 03 February 2008 - 08:14 PM

Don't have a Wii yet, even though I reserved a copy of SSBB. I'll let you know when I get one though.

Edit: and about toon link. He's not exactly the same as young link. he has an overly abusable bair that will definitely destroy millions of players muahahaha.

This post has been edited by shininamaru: 03 February 2008 - 08:15 PM

#18 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:51 PM

WOOOOOOOOOH, i was playin rukia samurai's brawl today and its awesome!!! DAM! the graphics where really good, and the new characters and stages are awesome. the only downside that i saw was the fact that everyones moves have lag bcuz the game actually shows them doing the entire move, ie: wind up- hit- follow through. also, now everyone( and i mean everyone) is really floaty. alot of bad ass moves have also been deprioritized and weakened, air dodges dont move as much vertically and horizontally, u can do 2 air dodges b4 touchin ground and u can still recover after air dodgin ie: air dodge- jump/ third jump- attack- air dodge(all b4 u touch ground again). everyone grabs on to ledges faster and from a farther distance. lastly, being at 100% damage isnt as bad as it used to b, the dangerous %tage has been bumped up to atleast 150%. so brawl is nicer, slower, has different oppurtunities, and matches take longer to end then the usual 1 min +/- a few seconds that we're used to in melee. if i forgot anythin just ask rukia samurai, gba, cere, or me.
ps. game controls r the same if u use gamecube controllers, no wave dashin and L cancellin... for now?

#19 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:35 PM

Yeah, wavedashing, l-canceling are gone. there seems to be a sub for l-cancel though. idk what it is though. I've already noticed that everyone is floaty now so fox isn't a prime target for every one-combo kill in the game. about the air dodges, that's an interesting way to get rid of wavedashing since doing so into the ground doesn't do much now. glad you got to play. let us know how the characters feel.

#20 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:21 AM

Hmm from what gba and Zetsu say, it unfortunately doesn't seem to have lived up to its hype (at least the hype over here, anyway). That's unfortunate, but a bit expected (think Halo 3). That brings about an interesting predicament, as I'm wondering if Kawaii Kon will have a Brawl-exclusive Smash tournament, or bring back a few (if not many) Melee systems. Truth be told, I can't wait to play Brawl, but from what I hear, Melee sounds much more fun. I personally cannot stand slow-paced fighting games, which is why I tend not to play Soul Calibur and completely avoid Tekken...Melty Blood, Guilty Gear, SSBM and even the Marvel/Capcom/SNK multi-franchise versus games are more fun and interesting for me.

#21 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 06 February 2008 - 12:31 AM

homg. tekken is not slow.

anyways, from the looks of things, if they kept the melee fighting engine then i think brawl would've been win, instead of trying to bring back old n64 days where everyone was the same speed. NYOOO~

#22 User is offline   Joshua Pack 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:00 AM

I have not been playing Melee for about a year now, I should go out and buy it again. I gave away the first one i bought. I was hoping for Brawl very soon!!!!!!! and my friend loved that game! so i decided to give her the game. but i dont mind buying it again, cause it is such a great game.

#23 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:09 AM

Tekken IS slow, just like DOA. They make moves do more damage and/or have the amount of life you have smaller so match times will be comparable to faster paced fighters. I'm not talking about the average match time, I'm talking about the flow of the game. Smash Bros isn't really a traditional fighting game, but the speed of the gameplay is comparable to the Capcom vs SNK games I've played.

And yeah, we got the 1c per match (4995 matches) a couple years back, which shows how much we still love playing this game. It's a tiny bit over 6 years old right now, which is amazing considering the graphics still aren't bad, and of course the music is top notch. It's one of those games that will go down as classics for all time, just like GoldenEye for N64, and Halo for Xbox. The way the gameplay mechanics work are still fun over half a decade later, even if the graphics and original console get replaced and updated with something new. Smash Bros is indeed a great game, and I think I'm correct in saying that it is the best game to have when you have friends over, period. I don't know how many new players we've 'recruited' over the last few years, and all of them (even the people new to the game, and indeed, video gaming) loved playing it.

#24 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:27 PM

Compared to doa, its much faster wth are you talking about. and no life bars are increasing. damage is DECREASING. the actual tourney style is to play is 3 out of 5 and still that goes by fast. CvS2 3 out of 5 matches take just as long as tekken. go watch evo 2k7 vids. CvS2 is SLOWER than tekken. more people who hide in corners. you just need to learn how to block.

and no smash bros. is not a traditional fighting game and the fighting is very quick.

on the gamecube we took to school everyday last year, we had about 11000, and we got the 4995 matches at the beginning of the year.

#25 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:55 PM

Compared to doa, its much faster wth are you talking about. and no life bars are increasing. damage is DECREASING. the actual tourney style is to play is 3 out of 5 and still that goes by fast. CvS2 3 out of 5 matches take just as long as tekken. go watch evo 2k7 vids. CvS2 is SLOWER than tekken. more people who hide in corners. you just need to learn how to block.

and no smash bros. is not a traditional fighting game and the fighting is very quick.

When you actually read what I posted, I'll respond to you....

Anyway, Sharpmouse saw some people playing Brawl at Campus Center. He didn't seem to be looking forward to it much either, and we celebrated our mutual agreement by going back to my place and playing some Melee lol.

The only way I think I'll like Brawl is if they have (free) online updates/patches that can change it to 'classic' physics, and/or new characters, either revivals from Melee or new ones that players request. What I'd really want is a type of high-def legacy addon to the game, where you can play the previous Smash Bros titles with better graphics...sort of like what they're already doing with the old Final Fantasy games. I'm very familiar with Melee, so I would like to see new characters thrown into THAT fray, and see what happens.

#26 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:03 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOH PLAYED RUKIA SAMURAI'S BRAWL AT CERE'S HOUSE 2NIGHT!!! it just keeps gettin better and better, from long 8 minute matches we've slowly toned it down to 4 minute matches. the more u play the faster it seems to get. and from takin atleast 150% to kill someone we moved it down to 100% again!!! so far the most broken character we've found is PIKACHU!!! dam i wanna play it some more....

#27 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2008 - 11:47 PM

update on ssbb: adventure mode is TOO DAM LONG!!! i was playin it 2night for about 2.5 hrs and only completed 25%. ( i wasnt sucking so it wasnt all my fault) and i was playin it on normal. u dont get to choose who ur gonna complete adventure mode w/ bcuz it has a set of characters that u unlock as u go along, its actually like a story mode this time!

<shonen> use Posted Image next time lol </shonen>

#28 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 09 February 2008 - 07:42 PM

Yeah the Subspace Emmisiary is a fricken long adventure mode. If not mistaken in the first part you can choose either kirby or mario and then after that fight you fight the boss, and then so on. You don't fight too many actual characters and more huge boss characters such as rayquaza and ridley. ohhh man the opening to the ridley boss fight is epic. once you get there you'll know what i mean.

hopefully i get my jp wii and copy of dsbx by next week or the following.

#29 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:21 PM

hey, how'd you guys get the japanese one? :blink: not fair, I wanna play. Even though zetsumai thinks the adventure mode is too long, it's fun right?

#30 User is offline   gba_fan 

• Ken-chan, missing L's since 3/2007
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

We found out Dedede has a lot of potential. One of our friends used him just for fun and ended up getting a 30 win streak against "pro" characters such as metaknight and falco. However, Robot still has the most potential.....

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users