• You cannot reply to this topic

D.C is now at IPB3.0! upgrade complete Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 09 July 2009 - 01:22 PM

As you may or may not have noticed, I upgraded the forums from IPB2.6 to IPB3.0 and the change was rather massive. So massive in fact, I had several errors and problems so D.C was down for two weeks. However, Vejida gave me a hand and now it's back up and running...sort of. I'm pretty sure that there will be errors somewhere, either scripting or broken images, since most of my FTP transfers were incomplete. I tried to reupload whatever they missed, and I think I did, but it's not a guaranteed thing. If any of you guys notice something broken or acting strangely, let me know so I can check into it. All of the skins are gone (including Empress-ish!) because it's such a radical transformation that the old CSS is no longer of any use.

I'm still going through everything, both checking to see if it works and drooling at how clean it looks. Hopefully you guys like it too, I know it'll take some getting used to but then again all the good stuff does, right? I noticed that Invision Power added some social-networking like features here, very interesting indeed.

Welcome back everyone!

#2 User is offline   Joshua Pack 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

wow, what a big change.

btw, i didn't know you were using php5, which is why you had the error to begin with. Php4 and php5 run in 2 different folders and there are 2 different php.ini. So i made a test on your side of the server, i guess IPB needs php5 in order to run. :)

#3 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 09 July 2009 - 05:13 PM

wow, it looks really nice. r u plannin on makin new skins for this dc in the future?

#4 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

@Vejida: yeah, i completely forgot about that too. It even warned me in the local copy of cpanel I installed.

@Zetsu: http://www.digitalco...view=getnewpost

Also, I noticed that the Wiki doesn't quite work lol. I'll be working on that tomorrow.

and there's some problems with search-related things, double results.

This post has been edited by Shonen: 10 July 2009 - 01:00 AM

#5 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:03 AM

Wow, it's a big change alright... but it looks great! Sad about losing the skins tho (especially Empress) but the beginning foundation looks awesome still. :3

#6 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 17 July 2009 - 09:09 PM

yep it looks pretty awesome. I noticed that there's a reputation feature too, if you like/dislike someone's post you can click on the +- on the bottom to give them either a rep up or down.

surprisingly, IPB3.0.1 was released so I just finished installing it now. It fixed the double results errors we were getting before, and also it seems to be more stable.

SmartFTP is also on version 3.0, which is what I used to upload all the new files. Yatta

edit: more great news, the Wiki is back up and running! Thanks to Vejida bumping up the memory limit on PHP scripts, I can now run the current MediaWiki version 1.16.

#7 User is offline   Enoesiw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:11 PM

wewt! One more way to waste the day away at work! Hopefully there will be moar traffiks so I can reply to stuff :3

#8 User is offline   tsukihito 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 12:28 AM

Tis really a big change. :o But its a good one! The skin looks really nice, and there seems to be a lot more you can do now then before. :3

#9 User is offline   Enoesiw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

View Posttsukihito, on 21 July 2009 - 12:28 AM, said:

Tis really a big change. :o But its a good one! The skin looks really nice, and there seems to be a lot more you can do now then before. :3

I think it looks kinda plain when you compare it to Sho's other skins that he made.

#10 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:48 PM

yeah, Empress-ish was extremely flashy lol. oh well, I still have to fut around enough with the new software to figure out what everything looks like so I can 'improve' it.

#11 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 12 October 2009 - 05:36 PM

upgraded D.C to IPB3.0.4 today...will upgrade the blog tomorrow or wednesday.

#12 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:12 PM

woops lol. upgraded the blog today, it's now at 2.0.4. D.C is up to date, woo!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users