KWA TK.45c

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 27 March 2019 - 03:30 PM

Posted Image

I never intended the purchase this one, but the looks were just too good. I am a sucker for long barrel rifles but there is something about the unorthodox setup of having a SBR that is essentially a big SMG. Pistol round mags are a lot more ergnomic to me, and after seeing and handling both the KWA TK.45c and the G&G ARP9 at ePowerSports in Oahu it became clear to me that I will be purchasing one of them. I really liked the ergonomics of the ARP9, especially the magazine feedback (the click as it seats, and the break when the release is pushed), not to mention the color schemes available from the factory was sharp looking and I think something pretty special in terms of customization. However, there is nothing I love more in futuristic guns that the original Titanfall, and that slanted magwell (even if it's in .45cal and not a monster 8.19mm caliber) was what sold it. I had originally gone into airsoft thinking that I'd go only with guns I was a fan of historically but great job to KWA with taking a chance with the overused M4 platform and doing something special with it.

This was also my first high-end airsoft purchase, my first being a $20 spring pistol and second being the secondhand first gen G&G Raider. The feature set of the TK.45c is something I was honestly blown away by. The dust cover release through the charging handle is cool and easy to do when you need to adjust the hopup. The ambidextrous bolt catch was a feature I never realized I needed, as there is no spring tension that automatically locks the bolt catch in place and you are able to hold it up with your trigger finger while racking the charging handle with your other hand. The flip up backup sights and collapsible stock were tight and difficult to open and close when the gun was brand new, but with usage they have loosened enough to be opened and closed comfortably but not wearing to the point of unusability. The K120 midcap stick mags are the only one available right now (no hicap like the G&G ARP9...which is a very nice hicap btw, fat winding wheel) so that's what I have.

This thread will chronicle my projects featuring this gun, I do love how it looks but it is very heavy so my first project was turning it into a rifle rather than SMG.

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:53 PM

Posted Image
Flash hider/suppressor(?) has a single 1.5mm grub screw on the bottom, loosen this and it will reveal the -14mm CCW threads. Need to go through the hole on the picatinny section of the RIS to get to it.

Posted Image
This standard size barrel suppressor fits barely, the RIS is very slim

Posted Image
Three screws on the bottom next to the magwell

Posted Image
1.5mm grub screws underneath the fake gas block

Posted Image
Removing the fake gas system to expose the bare outer barrel

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image