• You cannot reply to this topic

[pc] CCPC Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:28 PM

One of my friends wanted me to build him a computer. Slowly over time we accumulated parts, and finally the main tower had all of its components bought so I put it together.

Posted Image
Here's the 600T in white

Posted Image
I installed the Antec psu a few months ago, since it was my old one

Posted Image
Asus Sabertooth Z87 motherboard installed

Posted Image
Here's the rear i/o shield

Posted Image
Intel i5-4670K going in

Posted Image
cpu is installed

Posted Image
cpu heatsink and fan is installed

Posted Image
Nvidia GTX 660 by MSI and Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB ram installed

Posted Image
A better look at the MSI graphics card

Posted Image
Booted it up and installing Win7 on it

Posted Image
Looking good!

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 16 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

So in a sort of CCpc Mk.II, he's decided that he doesn't like the larger full size form factor and instead wants to revert down to a mini or micro build. I had the Tt Core v1 laying around that I wasn't going to use, so he decided to use it and do a mITX build.

Posted Image
Here's the stock Tt Core v1 fan, a 200mm model with obscure specs. We will be replacing it in a bit.

Posted Image
Hooking up the SSD and HDD to a single drive cage

Posted Image
Using one of the white LED fans off of the Corsair 600T, we put it up front for some white LED effects. It was significantly thinner than the Tt fan, so I used the four free HDD grommets to space it out properly.

Posted Image
Here's the motherboard, an Asrock H270M-ITX/ac. Great simple board with a reserved color scheme and parts placement, not to mention we don't need to be paying extra for the Z270 chipset due to the CPU being locked.

Posted Image
Chip of choice this time is a Core i5-7500. The previous build went with a 4670K that spent its entire life at stock clocks, so we don't need the unlocked multiplier this time.

Posted Image
Installing the IO shield and the motherboard into the case

Posted Image
Everything looking good

Posted Image
Closeup of the interior layout. The graphics card isn't in yet, so this isn't the final build.

Posted Image
Farther view of everything in for now. The stick of RAM is also going to be replaced with a full set later on.

Posted Image
Panels all reinstalled, I also replaced the thumbscrews with some CaseLabs thumbscrews. They have a thinner barrel and longer screw length than standard, but they are of very high quality and have a great Philips head too. Good for thumbscrews that are in tight places, but unfortunately not the best for PCI tiedowns.

The thumbscrews included with the Tt Core v1 are a joke, they weigh nothing which speaks volumes about the quality. Do yourselves a favor and get another set of thumbscrews, the case is dirt cheap anyway.

Posted Image
A look from the front. I'm considering moving the window from the top to the side with the graphics card, but I guess we'll see how he feels when one is installed.

Posted Image
The front fan provides a great glow for everything in the case. Combine this with LED RAM and possibly an auxilary one to light up the graphics card and this rig will look sweet.

Posted Image
Despite being offcenter, the front grill is illuminated pretty well. Also, the status LEDs on the cluster are blue...we will probably be swapping those out later.

Motherboard: Asrock H270M-ITX/ac LGA1151
CPU: Intel Core i5-7500
GPU: TBA
RAM: 1x Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4-2400
Boot SSD: Toshiba 240GB
Programs HDD: WD Caviar Black 640GB
Power Supply: Seasonic SS-650KM 650W
Case: Thermaltake Core v1 Snow Edition
Case Cooler: 1x Corsair 200mm white LED, 2x Arctic F8 Low Noise

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic