• Group: Members

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:32 PM

hey guys
im joining junior achievement soon
and well
we have to think of a name for our company and we have to develop a project
our main selling time will be in christmas
so something cheap and practical for a gift would be ideal
anyone have any ideas of what we could use?
all ideas and suggestions would greatly be appreciated

#2 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:56 PM

hmm... candles? like gel candles? or maybe just wax kind too...

#3 User is offline   Unyo-kun 

• Wind Tranqulity Wavemaster (NPC)
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:40 PM

opae ula ftw. i still have mine in fact, and they are teh awesome. you just gotta find a place to get them. D: idk if you can anymore actually.

and musubis. musubis will definatly sell. have musubis will sell, the only thing is you might get sick of making em lol. and idk how good it works but mochi as well. i love mochi.

#4 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:46 PM

Hey nice. I'll give you some ideas I had for National Honor Society that made a lot of money.

Birthday grams, Christmas grams, card grams, balloon grams, the whole nine yards. Basically you let everyone know that your group is selling the stuff, they fill out a sheet, and you can deliver it to the person they want to give it to or you can just give it to the people who ordered it. Downside: time consuming D:

Orange Crush, I'm not sure if this will work during the Christmas season but we had this idea that made a lot. Person A fills out a sheet, hands it to us, and we deliver an orange crush soda with candy and a note that says "Will you be my crush?" or "I have a crush on you." to Person B. End o story. Downside: may not work during Christmas season.

Teacher's Day Off. This isn't much of a seller but it's an okay thing to do. It's not really a teacher's day off but everyone still goes to school. The group, prior to Teacher's Day Off, hands sheets out to teachers asking what kind of sandwiches they like. On the day, the group makes their lunches, just sandwiches, chips, drinks, cookie, etc. and hand it to them during lunch. Then we give them bags of stuff, usually stuff like pens, pencils, staplers, paper, etc. It wasn't expected we would get money but apparently the teachers donated money to the group because of this. ^_^ Downside: buying the food, finding the time to make it, getting the supplies. What we did was that the librarian sponsored us to get us out of class so we can make the food and deliver and the school supply office was nice enough to donate supplies to us.

The School Survival Pack. Basically what this is is a little bag filled with pens, penicls, erasers, white out, peppermint/chocolate. We would sell them to students before finals would come around. We didn't think it would work but apparently a lot of people needed pens or probably the peppermint to wake up during tests xD Downside: just getting the stuff I suppose.

Hope it works out for you. Good luck :)

#5 User is offline   Ero 

• PipPip

Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:27 AM

wow guys thanks for the ideas they all are helping, especially marmalades, holy damn. and unyo-much greatness

#6 User is offline   marmaldegirl16 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:45 PM

Um just for reference...I didn't suggest anything I didn't have any ideas @[email protected] *isn't creative enough* I think you meant you liked Sayo's cause her ideas rocked the house...well topic ^^

I have lied..I just came up with an idea.

Talk to Starbucks or a local coffee shop and see if they will do a fundraiser type thing. I know the junior class did that at my school when I was a freshmen and raised a LOT of money cause around here almost everyone loves coffee ^^

This post has been edited by marmaldegirl16: 28 August 2006 - 05:48 PM

#7 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:19 PM

View Postmarmaldegirl16, on Aug 28 2006, 05:45 PM, said:

Um just for reference...I didn't suggest anything I didn't have any ideas @[email protected] *isn't creative enough* I think you meant you liked Sayo's cause her ideas rocked the house...well topic ^^

I have lied..I just came up with an idea.

Talk to Starbucks or a local coffee shop and see if they will do a fundraiser type thing. I know the junior class did that at my school when I was a freshmen and raised a LOT of money cause around here almost everyone loves coffee ^^

don't you have to make the product yourself in Junior achievement?

#8 User is offline   Ero 

• PipPip

Posted 01 September 2006 - 08:37 PM

we kinda do ^^;;

#9 User is offline   Sayonara 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 01 September 2006 - 11:42 PM

I was at Foodland today and there was a big sign posted by Junior Achievement asking customers to donate money to them in lamest terms. That doesn't sound like what you guys are trying to do, even so, just wanted to let you know.

#10 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:20 AM

^ D: That's not what they're supposed to do. From what I gather, the startup funds come from stocks and the membership fees. :\

Did you decide on your product yet Ero?

#11 User is offline   Sayonara 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 07 September 2006 - 04:54 PM

Really? That's messed up what they're doing then. Cheaters.

Haha, here's one idea that was thought of but didn't get a chance to sell partly because we were too busy. Since it's Christmas season, sell candy canes or other candies and attached to it is a colored piece of paper. The person with the most can 'cash' it in for a prize, depending on how many colored papers they have. To make it special, it has to have a stamp of something on it. Downside: farfetched?

During Valentine's Day apparently my high school was big on this -.- (but I didn't like it that much which will be explained in downsides) People pay for a heart shaped piece of paper and some candy. Then they give it to whoever they want. The person with the most at the end of the day would receive some sort of prize. Being the Christmas season, change it to present shaped paper or Christmas tree shaped. Downside: I never really liked the idea because it's a hidden popularity contest; it really hurts the self esteem and was therefore shot down quickly within NHS. What really got to some of us was that the person who thought of it was popular enough to get most of the papers for a prize. D:

Tell us what you're group thought of Ero ^_^

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users