Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HALO 3 Time to finish the fight. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:21 PM

September 25, Halo 3 is gonna b released throughout the US. any1 gonna get it? any thoughts on how it'll b?

#2 User is offline   Enoesiw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:30 PM

Halo is, to say the least, the most hyped up game in the history of gaming. This is probably why I don't care too much for it. :D But seriously, I hear it's supposed to be epic. Meh, maybe if I get passed hating the controller/system I can enjoy the game. (BTW, I swear I hear everyone in HS who pre-ordered it is say they're skipping school to get it when it releases. GG Microsoft, promote the delinquency of our nation's youth. GG.)

This post has been edited by Enoesiw: 17 September 2007 - 01:33 PM

#3 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:10 PM

Halo CE wasn't really heard of until it was launched. Massive hit.

Halo 2 had a lot of hype.... so much in fact, it was pushed back. Good game, but not quite as good as we thought it was gonna be.

Halo 3? I haven't really heard much about it other than that it's coming out, and that they released a beta demo on some unheard of game. Hopefully this relative lack of hype will mean that it will be good.

However, it is for the 360, not the most reliable gaming platform out there...it is the best for shooters though. I'm not looking forward to it really, but I wouldn't mind playing it.

#4 User is offline   Enoesiw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:19 AM

All I know is I'm still gonna suck at Halo :P BTW, last time I checked, the PS3 wasn't all that stable, too. Sounds like the Wii wins there. Anyhoo, i really would like to see how Halo 3 does. I mean, the biggest difference between halo 1 and 2 was the graphics (although i must admit that some of the games added into H2 were pfa). Halo 2 already seemed fairly complete. H3 might just be the same old bag of gags.

#5 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:30 PM

only time will tell, but im hoping that it will b awesome for the sake of halo's rep. since halo 3 is the last game of the halo series a whole crap load of weapons have been placed in the game, ex: assault rifle from halo 1, bubble shield, halo 1 pistol, mines, spartan laser, etc. i hope they didnt just smash all those weapons into the game and a few more maps thinkin that thats all they need. 7 days untill judgement day.

#6 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 18 September 2007 - 11:59 PM

I'm kinda worried about the new dual wielding system as well, Halo CE and Halo 2 were hard enough for newcomers to get used to, especially people who haven't played much video games. I've heard from gba (can't be bothered personally to go look it up) that reloading will be taken care of by the bumpers, and that the other buttons have been remapped. Sounds to me like they just upped the learning curve for normal people...

#7 User is offline   Enoesiw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2007 - 06:12 PM

Rofl. Who plays they Halo storyline? I'm pretty sure the majority of people get the game for it's PvPness. And if they go and remap all the buttons and it becomes harder to play, they can expect it to be a lot less popular than they previous games. That would be worse than just throwing in some new weapons and maps.

#8 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2007 - 09:46 PM

if reloading is relocated to the bumpers then that's kinda like another popular shooter... GOW, Gears of War. since gears has been a huge hit and just happened to b huge between halo2 and halo3 i think bungie might have decided to make reloadin the bumpers job so that gow players, who havent touched halo2 since they got gow, won't have to make a huge transition back to the halo controls. if they really remapped the default controls then bungie is probably expecting a huge difference in the gameplay of halo3. 6 days till we c the new map... on the controller XP.

#9 User is offline   Enoesiw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2007 - 08:33 AM

Mm. If you ever want target practice hit me up. As a general rule, my kill = 10 of yours. :P And remapping the controls doesn't necessarily mean that they're significantly changing game play. There's a good possibility, but it's not set in stone. Also, the bumpers are the shoulder keys, right? L and R?

#10 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:24 PM

yep the 360 has right and left triggers and right above them are the right and left bumpers. lol it's almost judgment day, 5 more days.

#11 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 23 September 2007 - 09:56 PM

Haha oh wow, Halo 3 has already been released on the bittorrent network. Apparently, one shop somewhere accidentally put them out for sale on 9/19. They realized their mistake a few hours later, but people had already bought them (and apparently released them onto bt trackers everywhere). Search mininova or torrentreactor, and you'll see what I mean.

#12 User is offline   Enoesiw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:32 AM

ROFL! Microsoft must be fuming right now. Not only has their launch been screwed up, people are already pirating their software!! This is pretty classic. But I wonder, will this increase or decrease the number of sales they get? If people who were unsure about it but decide they do like it, it might increase sales. Not to mention that you need a valid copy to play on xbox live, right? I'm sure there are ways around it but it would require a good deal of h4xx1ng skillz. ...Which might I add could get you a hefty fine or even jail time.

#13 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 September 2007 - 10:22 PM

lol thats a huge OOOPS that just screwed the great halo 3 release. if it really affects anything we'll find out soon though bcuz halo 3 release in less then 2 hours but i wont b gettin mine just yet bcuz i dont want to wait in line for 3 hours so im just gonna wait till gamestop calls me and tells me that my copy is in so i wont b gettin it 2night T.T o well

#14 User is offline   Enoesiw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2007 - 08:30 AM

you mean you wont be getting it for 2-3 weeks :D Yeah that's right, I said it. :P I was talking to some people who already had it but they didn't talk too much about it. It might, just might, be a "meh" game. I really expected them to be gushing over it so I don't know what to tell you to expect.

This post has been edited by Enoesiw: 25 September 2007 - 08:30 AM

#15 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 September 2007 - 02:38 PM

Some of my friends got theirs today, they said it was awesome! Can't wait to play it!

#16 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 25 September 2007 - 09:41 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOH I GOT IT, amazingly gamestop had enough to supply everyone that reserved it and alot of people who didnt. i played it for a little while and i can say this: ITS AWESOME. graphics got a huge upgrade, gameplay got huge upgrade, it took me a little while to get used the item button cuz i was always wastin my bubble shield when i tried to reload, but for some strange reason, when ever i was in a huge fight i got the reload right but when ever i was just walkin to the next place and had to reload i pressed x... lol o well, halo 3 is still pretty awesome and im gonna play it more. o yeah and now when u custimize ur spartan or elite instead of just color and emblem u can change the helmet, right shoulder pad and left shoulder pad(seperate), and body armor. XD

#17 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 September 2007 - 10:29 AM

haha that's funny, pressing the wrong button. cause I did it too :lol: now I'm used to it though, even though I only played it twice....

#18 User is offline   gba_fan 

• Ken-chan, missing L's since 3/2007
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:27 AM

After playing it I can say this. Its an excellent game and everything is well balanced. Rockets no longer home, shotgun has a reduced clip, sword has lag after its swing, Assault rifle has a decreased clip size, battle rifle slightly weaker, brute shot has increased clip size but decreased damage, SMGs and needlers are just amazing now. The new weapons such as the spartan laser and gravity hammer are probably the coolest weapons introduced to the halo series. Online is very balanced and matches are set up faster than in halo 2. Theatre mode is awesome and forge has lots of potential. Halo 3 is just a great game overall.

#19 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:20 AM

haha I guess you can't wait for your xbox to be fixed huh? :D

#20 User is offline   viper2681 

• Go die in a fire, faggots.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2007 - 06:08 PM

I enjoy the trashtalk from the other team, then I subsequently deplete their shields with a Shotgun/Mauler shot followed by my fist in their face.

Oh, and the Mythic skull is a pain in the ass. A single sticky doesn't kill a Brute.

#21 User is offline   gba_fan 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:52 PM

Just picked up my own copy but my xbox has yet to return from repairs. The shotgun/mauler are indeed good weapons and are "go to" weapons. However, I'm simply in love with the assault rifle. Its 32 round magazine may not be very big, especially when compared to the SMGs from halo 2, but it is suprisingly accurate and is a very good spawn weapon. Its one of the better mid-range guns that you get and you'll never run out of ammo for it.

#22 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:41 AM

I played it at my friend's place over the weekend, and I like it more than I thought I would. The bumper reload wasn't as confusing as I thought it would be (not a GoW player), and I like the new weapons as well...even though some may be b0rken like the Gravity Hammer...

#23 User is offline   gba_fan 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:51 AM

My halo 3 is in my hands and my Xbox just recently got fixed. Xbox live is amazing and the dedicated servers simply rock. Host advantage is hardly noticable (except for shotgun and sword matches D:) and the community is very competitive. Playing with a full group of friends is probably the most fun you can ever have. So speaking of which, anyone want a match?

#24 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 28 October 2007 - 04:47 PM

haha yeah, Cere has the best smacktalking ever. also, weapons system isn't as cumbersome as I though it would be (GoW). In fact, it actually retains the Halo 2 feel even though there is a changed button map.

#25 User is offline   gba_fan 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:45 PM

The best part about halo 3 is the fact that its just...shooting. Halo 2 was more focused on button combos like BXR and RRX.

#26 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2007 - 09:09 PM

play cere and u'll lose b4 the match ever starts because his smack talks will pwn ur mental game lol. the only things u need in h3 is grenades, shotty, and sniper. h3 players of hawaii gotta represent bcuz the rest of the world needs to know that we dont live in grass shacks and we will accept any challenge from anybody!

#27 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 28 October 2007 - 10:14 PM

lol yeah, we should bug him to join DC...ut then he'd get warned endlessly for language lol

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users