• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forza Motorsport Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#61 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:41 PM

how's the Altezza and Supras going viper2681?

#62 User is offline   viper2681 

• Go die in a fire, faggots.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:09 AM

I got a nice replay of each of them, now all I need to do it lug my Xbox over to Sho's one day and borrow his video cable so we can take the screencaps. For some reason, my Xbox cables decided to die on me.

#63 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:38 AM

lol that day was today, and we forgot. XD We managed to figure out why the systemlink wasn't working...apparently, Vipah's copy of Forza is retarded and didn't allow us to communicate with each other's Xbox. ah well.

Haven't played Forza in such a long time, actually.

#64 User is offline   viper2681 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:21 AM

Well, now that I've bought a new video cable (multi-purpose w/S-Vid, YEHS!), I can take the screencaps myself. It'll take some time to lug the Xbox into my room, though.

#65 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 22 April 2007 - 12:48 PM

^ try not to break your arms

and I am officially in need of a 360, apparently Forza 2 will have a fawesomesauce carlist beyond imagination, both for the Japanese tuner and Italian supercar market. High up on my list of DO WANT are the Lamborghini Gallardo/Countach LP5000/Diablo, the Mazda RE Amemiya JGTC RX-7, non-P1-class McLaren F1, Maserati MC12, Nissan/Datsun Fairlady 432/432-R, Ferrari F430, non-GTS-class BMW M3-GTR and Honda NSX-R GT. Notable additions are the Scion tC (lol), more cars from Shelby/Saleen, a lot more F1 cars from Porsche and Nissan (and the R390, which is pretty much the rarest car ever made), Plymouth Cuda and only one RX-8 this time >D

I do have a list of cars that I wish made it in, which include the Koenigsegg CCX, Ferrari Aurea, Mazda/Eunos Cosmo (ehe...), Pagani Zonda F, Toyota MR-2 (AW11 version) and various little-known ones from different manufacturers.

Of course, I also have a list of crap they should have taken out of the game and instead put more of the cars listed above in... Toyota MR-S, all SEAT/Saab/Panoz/Infiniti/Hyundai cars, and the SATURN ION, WTF. This is a racing simulation game, not rice-out-your-piece-of-crap simulator.

I am just so happy they have Lambo in this game. | >

#66 User is offline   gba_fan 

• Ken-chan, missing L's since 3/2007
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:02 PM

Lucky for you, the xbox 360 elite is coming out so hopefully, the price on the original will crash. Or you could always use mine this summer.

#67 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:30 PM

eh when does forza 2 come out? i heard if u reserve it u get an extra car. i gotta reserve mines asap T.T

#68 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 23 April 2007 - 05:23 PM

That's true, according to the official car list. => http://forzamotorspo...nts/carlist.htm

Preorder one for me too XD;;

#69 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:52 AM

View PostShonen, on Apr 22 2007, 12:48 PM, said:

^ try not to break your arms

and I am officially in need of a 360, apparently Forza 2 will have a fawesomesauce carlist beyond imagination, both for the Japanese tuner and Italian supercar market. High up on my list of DO WANT are the Lamborghini Gallardo/Countach LP5000/Diablo, the Mazda RE Amemiya JGTC RX-7, non-P1-class McLaren F1, Maserati MC12, Nissan/Datsun Fairlady 432/432-R, Ferrari F430, non-GTS-class BMW M3-GTR and Honda NSX-R GT. Notable additions are the Scion tC (lol), more cars from Shelby/Saleen, a lot more F1 cars from Porsche and Nissan (and the R390, which is pretty much the rarest car ever made), Plymouth Cuda and only one RX-8 this time >D

I do have a list of cars that I wish made it in, which include the Koenigsegg CCX, Ferrari Aurea, Mazda/Eunos Cosmo (ehe...), Pagani Zonda F, Toyota MR-2 (AW11 version) and various little-known ones from different manufacturers.

Of course, I also have a list of crap they should have taken out of the game and instead put more of the cars listed above in... Toyota MR-S, all SEAT/Saab/Panoz/Infiniti/Hyundai cars, and the SATURN ION, WTF. This is a racing simulation game, not rice-out-your-piece-of-crap simulator.

I am just so happy they have Lambo in this game. | >

Doesn't Gran Turismo 4 have the RE AMemiya RX7? oh well, gt4 doesn't even have ferraris or porsches. I've never heard of the R390 before and the ferrari Aura? what's those?

#70 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:25 PM

^ GT4 does indeed have the Aspardrink RX-7. The Nissan R390 is basically Nissan's supercar, it was supposed to be a contender in the LeMans endurance race (GT class), which required roadgoing versions of it to be made. They made two road R390's which went for around a million dollars. It's probably the only MR car Nissan has ever made.

And for the Aurea, it's Ferrari's new ultracar...the successor to the FXX.

Also, I found out that Forza 2 has the Vauxhall/Holden Monaro! Those of you that watched Top Gear (and Az) will be interested, because it's a big, drift-happy gentle Ozi V8 muscle car that was one of the best cars Top Gear tested. Also, the one in F2 is the VXR version which comes with around 400hp I believe.

#71 User is offline   waddles 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:53 AM

ohh man forza... i remember playing sean forza and we both had preludes.... he fucking crashed into me and my car could only turn right, lmao.... ehh that reminds me, its just like my half working x-box controller.

#72 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:34 PM

i cant reserve u one sho cuz i dont have enough money... i dont even have enough for me to get one right now T.T i need to get a wheel too... got any sites that have good wheels for good prices?

#73 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:14 AM

actually, idk. try checking around, I know for sure that the gheycrosoft wheel is actually tuned for Forza 2 (supposedly), and surprisingly, gheycrosoft is actually quite decent at making hardware. it's just when there's programming involved it tends to crash and be shitty, etc. the wheel is wireless too, which can be good or bad.

Unfortunately, I know for sure that the G25 won't work with it. : < so I think I may have to look for a wheel too. XD;;

#74 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:16 PM

hmm, forza 2 is out in may right? it's now may so it's coming soon! :D

#75 User is offline   viper2681 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:27 AM

Well, I am now trying (key word there, lol) to save up for a 360. Hopefully, I'll be able to afford a premium (I really don't think I'll be needing 120gb of HD space...though that color scheme looks nice) in a month or two.

#76 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:39 AM

^ lol I herd you got one

Speaking of 360, started up a Forza profile on gba's one... around level 25 right now. Already have a replay of a drift lap around Blue Mountains... it's really hard with the 360 triggers, those things have less travel now so you have to be more delicate with throttle control.

Unless you're Vipah, with digital throttle - on or off.

#77 User is offline   viper2681 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:59 PM

^lol, screw you.

And yeah, I got a 360 on Wednesday. Preordered Forza 2 as well. For some reason, Forza seems a bit choppy on my 360, but I think with a few updates, that'll probably go away.

#78 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:48 PM

Forza's choppy on gba's 360 too, and so's the other xbocks games I've played... I'm guessing the original emulation wasn't a high priority for the performance of the system, so it was kinda neglected. It's not 100%, and there's definately some lag in framerate and processing when playing original games.

#79 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:48 AM

Yeah, that is true. After playing them for awhile though, you get used to it I guess.

#80 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 02 June 2007 - 12:41 AM

Played Zetsu's Forza 2 today...and wow, it's awesome.

Far from perfect however, the gui is still stupid and the music is still kinda lame. Track lighting was better in the recurring tracks from the first Forza in the original game, and the game has a sort of Gran Turismo feel to it.

However, there are many good things. Engine noises are more true-to-life (louder than the surroundings, and the Lambos sound exactly as they should), way more upgrades than the first game (including better descriptions, and more cars with engine-swap capability, at least from what I've seen) and more cool cars.

I managed to get to ~level 16 and could afford a Lamborghini Gallardo. It isn't the spyder version, but it makes the same great sound. The bad thing is, the winnings you get from races is a lot less. The difficulty/rarity bonuses have been weakened by around ten fold, and the lamest thing in the game is that you can only sell prize-obtained cars for 100CR. How boto is that?

Economy/stock tire physics seem to be different, although this may be due to the limited tuning ability due to stock parts and me not using stock tires in the first Forza, but my FR drifting is kinda shoddy now. Could be the new tracks, could be lack of LSD-equipped cars, could be the crappy triggers on the 360, but I need practice.

#81 User is offline   waddles 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 June 2007 - 06:33 AM

forza 2 seemed pretty good to me... too bad a lot of the things cost too much haha and EJ's looks hella weird! i like forza 2 though with the physics and all.

#82 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 02 June 2007 - 11:24 AM

^ lol I was thinking of something else, the 2001+ Civic hatchbacks are EP (chassis code).

I loev my Gallardo, except the thing has too much grip xD;

#83 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 02 June 2007 - 10:35 PM

Lest go stick a R32 engine into a Civic...can you actually do that in Forza 2? That would be kinda funny.

#84 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:51 AM

No, Forza only lets you swap engines from the same manufacturer into the cars. In the first Forza, you could swap a B16B, B18C and K20A (Civic EK Type-R, Integra DC2 Type-R and Integra DC5 Type-R) into the Civic Si hatch (EG6). Most of the Honda cars were swap-capable (the Acura CL can even take an NSX engine!), as well as the Nissan cars (240Z could take an SR20 or an RB26).

#85 User is offline   waddles 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:06 AM

ho man.... SL10 into an 86 trueno, LMAO!!!! beast mode action right there. but yesh mroe forza 2 =] i would really like to play it and even though idk how to drift yet in the game i can live with griping during meets.

#86 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:02 PM

I wonder if you can swap the Maserati MC12 engine into the GranSport... the MC12 has the exact same engine that the Ferrari Enzo has, so it should be quite a machine... won't handle as well, but it will look a lot nicer than the MC Hammer.

and you mean 'gripping', waddles... griping is what you do after you lose a race XD

#87 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:30 PM

that's cool, too bad i haven't been abel to play Forza2 yet but I've seeen it in the gamestop display. looks nice! :)

#88 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:03 PM

Kakashi recently gave me his old Mad Catz wheel. It was Xbox-compatible, so I hacked my G25 pedals to work with it... and it works great. Drifting is so much fun now, even though I have some practicing to do.

#89 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 August 2007 - 11:00 AM

wow that's cool, so you have pro pedals with Forza now. how'd you do that? that must be so much fun...

#90 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:08 AM

It is fun actually... even moreso tonight, I made a profile called "Jezza" and plan to collect only the cars that Top Gear consider worthy... stuff like the Honda S2000, Lotus Exige, Ferrari 355, Aston Martin DB9, etc... and excluding the cars they don't like or feature, even the ones that I myself are fond of.

Should be interesting...

• 4 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users