Hetalia! hilarious historical comedy ensues Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:06 PM

So!

Axis Powers Hetalia (or Hetalia: Axis Powers): a web-manga that was written by Hidekaz Himaruya, portrays countries during World War I and World War II as human characters and their interactions with one another during history. The story incorporates widely-known to lesser-known facts about the countries, from history to culture to how they were affected by the World Wars. Cute characters and stories. (I'll post a review later on given time)

Wiki article

A Hetalia wiki (careful, there are spoilers)

a livejournal link that has manga translations. best if you have an account in lj

Your thoughts :3?

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:13 PM

hetalia ftw, I didn't read the manga yet but I'm following the anime weekly. It's so cute and I suppose makes it easier and more fun to learn about history.

#3 User is offline   tsukihito 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:05 AM

It really does!

Though it may seem pretty intense because the series main storyline covers WWII, the comics are surprisingly light-hearted. Each country has their own loveable quirk, and you can't help but laugh at the antics that some countries (especially Italy) get into. It does have its serious moments, but nothing too heavy. Its also really interesting to see symbolically how certain character's actions and relations symoblize their countries relations in real life.

Overall, its a pretty light and at times even touching series, and I would highly recommend it. Who knows, you may even learn a thing or two. :3

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users