• You cannot reply to this topic

WEtech Glock 19 gen 3 also AW Custom P80 lower

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 17 July 2020 - 04:50 PM

I actually acquired this WEtech Glock 19 gen 3 back in mid January, but have not done anything to it until recently. Bought it preowned from wuky22 on Ebay, very cool dude and transaction was completed smoothly.

Posted Image
Comparing in stock form to the Tokyo Marui Gock 19 gen 3. The slide is much heavier and tolerances are a bit worse, but it's to be expected for half the price

Posted Image
The slide really is somewhat blue tinted, might want to repaint it. I also don't like how the rollmarks are painted in white as well, but oh well

Posted Image
Recently AW Custom came out with a new line of Glocks, based on the Poly80 lower frame. I wanted to get one and was finally able to. Here's the comparison between the stock WE frame (left/lower) and the AW P80 frame (top/right)

Posted Image
Now compared to a real P80 frame with an aftermarket lower parts kit installed.

Posted Image
You can see the gradient of the reflections on the grip that the AW lower is more square shaped, not as comfortable to hold. However, most of the rest of the grip aside from the stippling texture seems to be done well enough.

Posted Image
Peering down the magwell

Posted Image
Very cool.

I'm not confident on longevity, just like any WE made item, but I will run it this way until it breaks. I should also be able to use the same holster for the P80 and AW/WE, if I find one.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users