• You cannot reply to this topic

Umarex Walther PPQ (low power spring)

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 21 July 2020 - 05:39 PM

This Walther PPQ was actually the first airsoft replica I've bought, and I've always wanted to bring it to a skirmish just for shits and giggles. I have never taken it apart until now, it was interesting seeing how these low cost models are made.

Posted Image
Tearing it down was a bigger process than I thought, you actually have to remove the rear plate to have the slide go forward and be taken apart

Posted Image
I snapped off the orange tip, but might have to use a drill bit to get the rest of it out. Notice the "recoil spring" on the bottom right, it's a conical spring.

Posted Image
The inner barrel resembles a GBB style barrel, I might consider putting one in if I can find one of suitable length.

Also notice the fixed hopup nub in the chamber next to it.

Posted Image
Gave it a few wraps in teflon tape to stabilize the plastic barrel inside the outer barrel as there was considerable play between the two

Posted Image
Inner barrel reseated into the hop chamber. No clamping mechanism is used, as the outer barrel has an inner barrel stop up front

Posted Image
Some Superlube in the cylinder to keep the piston seal happy

Posted Image
Reassembly, the changes are not visible from the exterior or field stripped interior

Posted Image
The pistol is fully reassembled with a basic flashlight attached

Posted Image
Looks good. I will chrono it one of these days to see if the power has improved due to the cylinder actually being greased now.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users