• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Nadeshico Wangan story Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   viper2681 

• Go die in a fire, faggots.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:49 AM

Well, I feel that I need more feedback than Sho can give (not to step on your feet or anything, but you are only one person). The vehicles may change due to inability to use some in some games (I'm thinking of using Import Tuner Challenge for the 360, but that may change to Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Zero if that has a Sileighty in it.) So, for all to read, the story so far.

I'm actually thinking of changing the Sileighty to just be a normal S13. Let me know if that's a good idea or not.

EDIT 7/20/07: Okay, I've decided to change the Sileighty to be an RPS13 (180SX). I've also picked up Import Tuner Challenge, but what this means is that a metric fuckton of the cars that Sho is using for the Touge version won't be available. Also, the replays are going to be tricky, so I'm going to try and figure this out. I'll keep you guys updated.

EDIT 9/23/07: lol, Title change. Also, Devil Z can make an appearance, but no Blackbird (I refuse to make a 350Z look-alike).

EDIT 10/22/07: Unless Sho takes over, this ain't gonna get done for a long time to come, too much happening for me right now to finish something like this.

#2 User is offline   viper2681 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:56 AM

Prologue

The Wangan line. The area best known for the weekend races that go on during the darkest hours of the morning when normal people are at home in their beds. The sound of cars screaming past civilians is awe-inspiring. Tonight, however is different.

Darting through the light traffic, a silver FD3S led a silver RPS13 through the cars. The entire length of Wangan, the FD kept ahead of the RPS13 with relative ease.

"C'mon, show me what I've taught you so far," the driver of the FD muttered to himself as he peeked a look in his rear-view mirror. "I know that you can do it, so pass me already! We aren't even going 210!"

"Ah man, this is so creepy!" the girl said to herself as she kept up with the silver FD. "We're gonna crash if we go any faster, I know it!"

As they reached C1, they headed to the Shiodome parking area, where they got out of their vehicles. The man walked over to a vending machine, put in a few coins, and tossed the girl a can of coffee, "We were barely hitting 210kph, Mayumi. I know your car can go faster than that, I know it can reach 300, you need to push it harder."

"Well, yeah, but I'm not you, Ki," Mayumi pouted. "I'm sorry, but I'm still just learning. It's only my third time on Wangan going fast, I'm really scared I'll crash and total my car!"

"That kind of attitude won't cut it here," Ki started. "You need to be more aggressive, I know you can do better. It won't be long before you can start attacking the big names, like RGO."

Mayumi took a sip of her coffee, "And the Devil Z? What about him?"

Ki shook his head, "Nobody but the Blackbird can touch the Devil Z, Mayumi, those two are in a league of their own. To even think of challenging either of them is sheer insanity."

Before Mayumi could ask any more questions, a red and white CT9A laden with vinyls pulled in near the two, bass thumping loud enough that it shook the glass on the parked cars nearby. As the driver and passenger got out of the car, it was obvious they were itching for trouble. "Yo, wassup man? I see you two got yourselves some nice rides. Care for a little race against us?"

"Sorry, not tonight," Ki said, standing his ground next to his silver FD. "I'm teaching my friend here how to run the line, she's just starting."

"Oh, that's cool man, that's cool," the driver said. "We totally understand that you don't think she's good enough to keep up with the big dogs." The passenger burst out laughing and gave his accomplice a high-five.

"As mature as you bozos are," Ki began, "you're exactly right. She wants to take the gentle approach at learning shutoko racing, and I'm fully supporting her."

"Oh, what was that?" the passenger asked, getting aggressive. "Are you trying to pick a fight with us?"

"Easy man, chill," the driver said, calming his friend down. "I guess he's just too chicken to race us. Let's go."

"OH YEAH?!" Mayumi yelled at them. "YOU GUYS AREN'T EVEN HALF THE RACERS THAT KI IS!"

"Is that so?" the driver asked. "Prove it."

Ki sighed and ran his hand through his hair, "Well, I guess if that's the case, then so be it," he said, rubbing his neck. "Gentlemen, you have yourselves a race. If it's all right with you, the RPS13 will chase, but won't be a part of the race."

"Pfft, whatever," the passenger said. "We'll beat you so bad that you'll wish you never set foot in a car."

With that, the two challengers got in their car, and Ki turned to Mayumi, "Please don't do that again. It's obvious these guys care more about bass than horsepower, but I really didn't want to race tonight."

"Yeah, yeah, I get it," Mayumi said, crossing her arms. "You wanna spend as much time as possible with me, blah blah blah. Just announce the course and beat them so we can go home, it's nearly three, and we have a test in the morning."

"The course is New Belt Line Clockwise," Ki yelled towards them, opening the door to his FD. "We'll begin just after the offramp. Do you agree to the terms?"

"Yeah, let's get this party started!" the passenger of the CT9A whooped, winding up his window and blaring his music.

"Remember Mayumi, don't try to get involved in the race," Ki instructed. "Stay behind us, unless something happens, and you're forced to pass them."

"Yeah, yeah, like that's going to happen anytime soon..." Mayumi muttered, fastening her seatbelt.

"I'm serious. I don't want you to get hurt. If you feel like you can't keep up, don't even try, just stop and go home, and I'll give you a call later on, ok?"

"Fine, just go beat those jerks already," Mayumi told him, winding up the window. She started up her SR20DET and began to roll out.

Ki sighed, "Just when it was getting good, these two pricks decided to issue a challenge." He shut the door, fastened his belt, and inserted the key into the ignition,"Ah well, guess she'll have a little fun chasing, if she can keep up." He turned the ignition, which caused his 13B-RE power plant to roar to life.

And just like that, the four cars pulled out of the parking lot, headed towards the New Belt Line.

#3 User is offline   viper2681 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:03 AM

Chapter 1

After finishing her test, Mayumi walked through the hallways of school. Looking out the windows, she saw Ki sitting in the courtyard doing some work, which caused her to think of the previous nights' events. She could still remember it as if it happened minutes ago.

---------------------------------------------------

As they sped through the night, Mayumi could tell that Ki was toying with the posers. He was purposefully losing and taking some jabs at them by pretending to attempt to get ahead of them, then dropping back when they blocked him. She thought it was kind of funny to see Ki having some fun at 200km/h.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a blue FD and Z33 sped by doing at least 250. She could see Ki's face change from a slight smirk to the most serious look she'd ever seen on him as she was checking her surroundings. The last she saw of her 'trainer' that night was a flame erupting from his exhaust as he blasted ahead of the posers and herself to catch up to the other two cars. She tried to keep up, but within seconds, his silver Bathurst R was gone. She had never seen him go that fast, and the only thing she wanted more was to be in the passengers' seat.

"So, did you catch up to them?" she asked, walking up to Ki.

"Yeah, I finally caught them," he told her, still looking down at his book. "Unfortunately, just as I got to them, they got off the highway, and I was too far on the right and going way too fast to catch the offramp."

"That's too bad," she said, letting out a sigh as she plopped down next to him. "I've never seen you that serious before. I wish I were riding in your car instead of driving mine just to see what it feels like to go that fast." Waiting for a response, she looked at him only to see him concentrating hard on his notes. "You really like being a doctor?"

"The salary is good, which is what I need to maintain my cars," he responded. "Without the money, I may actually have to end up selling one of them."

"Well, why don't you just sell the one you never use? You blew the engine a few weeks ago, didn't you?"

"I have to keep that car," he told her, finally looking up and looking in her eyes. "I promised my oldest friend that once I finished school, we'd team up again. That car...no, that Z is the only thing that connects me to him now. I can't get rid of it simply because if I do, I'll be betraying the only friendship I've ever had."

"How romantic," Mayumi said with a slightly annoyed look on her face. "Maybe you should have never left your only friends' side then?"

"Hey, I said he was my only friend," Ki told her, detecting her anger. "You're more than a friend to me, you know?"

"Good save," she said, flipping her hair over her shoulder. "Anyway, I have to go to work. Are you going to stop by?"

"Will I get a free ice cream?" he asked, reading his book again.

"See you tonight," Mayumi told him, patting his head. Then she took off.

"Hi, how are you today?" Mayumi asked the couple at the booth. After taking their order, she went back to the counter and looked back over at all the customers. She noted that the man from the couple she just took the order from had a heavy motor oil smell, and that his shirt was extremely greasy. She instantly recognized that he was a mechanic, but she couldn't tell what the girl did. She was just wearing casual attire, not carrying any books or a briefcase.

As Mayumi delivered the drinks, she couldn't help but overhear their conversation, "Wow, last night was so intense. I don't know how much harder I can push myself," the girl was saying.

"Look, it's quite simple really," he was telling her. "When you reach a turn, you need to slow down a whole lot more, otherwise you're going to understeer and hit a wall."

Mayumi just looked back and forth as they were talking about racing in front of her as she finished setting their table with their drinks and napkins. "Will this be all?"

He looked at his watch, "Damn it. Yeah, I gotta run. Thank you so much for the excellent service, ma'am." And with that, he downed his drink, left enough on the table to pay for the bill for them both and a rather large tip, and stood up. "I'll see you later tonight." Then he took off for the door.

Mayumi just looked kind of shocked, mainly at the amount of tip he left for her, "Wow, does he always tip this good?"

"No, he's just in a rush, like aways. He's working on perfecting 'his dream machine'," the girl was telling her. She sighed, "And of course, now he's left me all alone. Again."

"I kinda know how it feels," Mayumi said. "Say, I couldn't help but overhear a bit of your conversation, all I got was something about turns."

"Yeah, he's trying to teach me how to race," the girl told Mayumi. "He doesn't like the fact that I chose a Nissan over a Mazda because he works for Mazda, but those rotary engines are just too finicky."

"Really? I know someone with an FD, and I drive an RPS13," Mayumi told the girl. "I'm still learning how to go faster, it's just that I'm so paranoid I'll push my engine too hard. I can't exactly afford a new one if I do break it."

"Wow, you too?" the other girl asked. "Oh, I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself yet. I'm Sayo."

"Mayumi, if you couldn't tell by the nametag," she introduced with a bit of wit. "It's a pleasure. Say, I'm on break in about ten minutes, would you care to join me?"

"Sure!" Sayo cheerfully replied. "It's always fun getting to know new people!"

As he walked towards the cafe after parking, Ki saw a blue Z33 parked in the lot. After looking again, he realized it was the same car that was being chased by the blue FD the night before.

"Good evening," the girl at the counter started as the bell rang when Ki opened the door. "Welcome t-Oh, it's just Ki."

"Hey Sakura," Ki said, scanning the cafe for who he'd think would be the type to drive the Z33 parked outside. "Where's Mayumi?"

"She just took her break, and last I saw her, she was...ah, over there, table 10," Sakura told him, looking at a chart.

He thanked her, then made his way towards the table. As he approached her, he saw that she was talking with another girl, "So, where's my ice cream?"

"Oh, shut up," Mayumi told him as he sat down next to her. "Besides, I've been too busy making friends, which is something you should really try."

"So I see," Ki said. "How are you? I'm Ki."

"Sayo," the girl introduced herself, shaking his outstretched hand. "Gosh, I'm meeting so many people today."

"Well, I hate to interrupt, but you wouldn't happen to know who's Z that is out back, would you?" Ki asked Mayumi.

"Earth to Ki? It's not like I guard the parking lot, let alone have a view of it," Mayumi said.

"Do you mean the blue one?" Sayo asked.

"Yeah, how'd you guess?" Ki asked her.

"Because it's mine," she said.

"Wow, you really don't seem the type," Ki stated. "I mean, don't get me wrong, you're obviously a nice girl, it's just that you don't seem to be the type to attack Wangan."

"Ki, how did you..." Mayumi started.

"Well, I'm not at that level yet," Sayo said with a bit of embarressment. "I'm still learning, but I can say that I feel comfortable doing 250."

"So I saw last night," Ki told her, leaning back in his seat. "You and that blue FD blasted past us, and it took me a good while to catch up to you guys. Even when I did finally catch up to you, you were already getting off the highway."

"Wha?" Sayo asked. "You were one of those three cars just pulling onto Wangan??" Sayo asked, shocked. "Wait, you caught us?"

"Yeah, I think the driver of the FD noticed me because he was behind you, but by the time I caught you, you had already turned off just before the tunnel," Ki told her. "Mayumi was chasing in the RPS13, and I was racing those two dummies because they wanted so badly to damage their ego. When you two shot by, I figured that I just had to catch up and challenge you two."

"Well, I'm sure Sho would have acc-"

"Wait...who?" Ki asked, interrupting the girl. Mayumi was just in shock, she had never seen him act like this before.

"Sho, my boyfriend, the guy who's teaching me how to race. He was in the blue FD," Sayo told him.

"By chance, is his FD a Spirit R Type A?" Ki asked.

Sayo gasped, "Wow, yeah, it is, how did you know?"

Ki paused momentarily, then asked, "Where is he now?"

"He's probably back at the Mazda garage working on his other FD," Sayo said, wondering what was going on. "Why do you ask?"

"...Ki?" Mayumi started. "Are...you okay?"

"Mayumi, remember earlier today? The friend I was telling you about?"

"Uh, I remember you telling me why you couldn't sell your other car because of some friend," Mayumi answered.

Ki stood up, grabbing his bag and pulling his keys out of his pocket, "Aotsuki Sho is that friend." He then headed towards the door.

"Ki, wait!" Mayumi shouted after him, but he was already gone.

Sakura came by the table looking out the window as Ki blasted by, "Is everything alright? I've known Ki his entire life, and he's never acted like this before."

"If everything we overheard is correct, then he's going after this Sho person that you talked about," a very beautiful woman the booth over told the three girls.

"Mmm," the man she was with muttered as he took a large swig of coffee. "It seems that the two have a very heavy history, and that your friend that was here needed to find his old friend to either patch things up, or just plain catch up."

The three girls just looked dumbfounded at the man and woman. Mayumi looked at the woman, "Say, you look familiar."

"Gah, it's always the same everywhere I go," the woman said, slightly disappointed. Then she smiled, "I'm Akikawa Reina."

"Kijima Kouichi," he said from across the table. "Give him a while, let him find his friend. I'm sure they have a lot of stuff they need to do."

As Ki pulled into the lot, he spotted a pure white FD parked in an employee stall. As he walked towards the garages, he could see a young man working under the hood of a blue FD. He ran his fingers across the body as he walked up behind the mechanic, "So, I see you've been keeping yourself busy with more than just one Spirit, haven't you Sho?"

The mechanic got up and wiped his hands with a rag, "Well, considering that I was always better than you when it came to the touge, it's only natural that Mazda found their way to me instead of a Nissan idiot like yourself."

Ki laughed, "Same old jackass." The two shook hands and started working on the car together, "Wha-you swapped the 13B from the Spirit with a 20B Cosmos engine?"

"The 20B will push an insane amount of torque, and I don't know about you, but I like that extra kick of power," Sho explained as he started up the lift.

"So, what'd you do with the 13B?" Ki asked as he brought the used oil drum under the car.

"I offered it to Nade-chan to put in her Hachigo, but she declined, spouting some Toyota superior nonsense," Sho told Ki. He then nodded off to the right, "For now, it's just taking up space over there under the sheet."

"So what do you think you'll end up doing with it?" Ki asked, unscrewing the oil pan plug so it could drain into the drum.

"Hmm, good question," Sho said, removing the tires and investigating the brakes. "Do you know anyone that could use a good engine?"

"Actually," Ki began, "my old Z is in need of something to power her. I blew the other 13B you let me have a while back, and sadly, she's been doing nothing but sitting for a while. I've been too busy with work and my Bathurst."

"Wait, what?" Sho asked, shocked. "You actually got your hands on a Bathurst?"

"Yeah, I got lucky when some guy named Masaki decided that his old one was in need of a replacement engine," Ki explained. "I was able to buy his entire car for a pretty good price while he got a brand new one. All I had to do was get a new engine, and even then, that Masaki guy got me a line on one."

"Wow, that's...actually not that impressive, considering when I got this Spirit," Sho said, laughing.

"Well hey," Ki started, "not all of us have parents that'll find their kids jobs for them while they're still in school."

"I'll admit, you got me there," Sho said. "But then again, if it weren't for my parents getting me my job, you wouldn't have gotten your job at the same place that I worked. Anyway, what's your Bathurst putting out? 300? 400?"

"It's currently got 760bhp to the rear wheels," Ki said, plugging the oil drain.

"What? How did YOU do that?" Sho asked in astonishment.

"You forget, I'm the one who's been reading up on rotaries since the release of the FD," Ki corrected his friend, "Man, you should see it in action. In fact, you and Sayo breezed past us last night on the line."

"Oh," Sho said, shaking his head. "I thought the driver of that silver FD was just dicking around with those other two cars. Guess I was wrong."

"Funny guy," Ki sarcastically said. "But in all seriousness, I did manage to catch up to you two, you just pulled off the line before I could get to you."

"So it wasn't just my imagination," Sho thought out loud. "What were you doing with those two anyway? It looked like a total waste of your time."

"For the most part, it was," Ki explained. "Earlier, I was teaching the RPS13 driver how to drive, so she wasn't actually involved in that race, she was just chasing. And second, the CT9A was just an accessory whore, they had more money put into their sounds than their engine. I was actually surprised that they were hitting 200."

"Heh, it figures," the Mazda mechanic said. "Hand me that wrench, will ya?"

"Here," the doctor said, handing the wrench over. He grabbed a pair of work gloves and took off his coat, "So, need any help?"

"Never thought you'd ask."

As night fell, the two friends worked feverishly to install the engine. Even though the power plant was still in the air, they had decided to test it out as soon as they got it in at the Shipyards.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users