Digital.Complex: Wanna help me with my English paper? - Digital.Complex

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Wanna help me with my English paper? Then please answer these questions :3 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:00 PM

Okay, here's the scoop: I'm doing my final paper in English on the "No Child Left Behind Act". If you could, please answer a few questions so as to help me with my final paper. These are some of the pros and cons of the "No Child Left Behind Act". If you scroll down, there will be some questions that won't take much of your time. Thanks so much for taking time to read and answer these. ^_^

Claims made in favor of the act

- Adequate yearly progress
- Teacher quality
- Student testing
- Parent involvement
- Scientifically-based research
- Public school choice

Opposition to the act

- Failure to fully fund the act
- Allegations of Corruption
- Problems with Standardized Tests
- Inequitable divisions of resources
- Narrow definition of research
- Limitations on local control

Just in case, here are two links that have information on the issue.

Info on the issue

NCLB fact sheet according to the White House

1. Are you male or female?

2. How old are you?

3. If you have a profession, what is it and how does the issue affect your profession? If you are a student, how does it affect you?

4. In general, what do you think of the "No Child Left Behind Act"? Do you think it has postive or negative effects towards students?

5. If you could make some changes to it, what kind of changes would you make?

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 12 November 2006 - 01:52 PM

1. Male
2. 19
3. Former student in the local DOE, and parent who is a kindergarten teacher, I know how it is firsthand. I don't think it helps at all, cause people who don't wanna do anything will continue to not do anything, regardless if there's a program for scholastic achievement.
4. Like I said before, negative. All this standards crap has a negative influence on them, forcing them to do more documentation on exactly what they teach. On top of that, the blame is pushed all on the teachers, if there's a problem student who refuses to learn. Education is a team effort of the teacher, student, and the student's parent(s). Lack of effort in one (or, more commonly, two or even three) parts will result in an unsatisfactory end product, and this law doesn't seem to realize that. So, generally negative.
5. Remove it, although the education system lately has gotten so retarded, I don't know if that would make any difference. The problems are not with the schools, it's with the people attending them.

#3 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:19 PM

1. male
2. 15
3. im a student and it sux bcuz they're changing everything and making skool harder and less fun. nclb( no child left behind) is taking away the fun classes like agg, auto tech, and electronics. im lucky bcuz waiakea didnt loose those yet and masu still teachin elec XD.
4. lol nclb helping!?! NO WAY!!! its just making school more and more f***ed up. if the students dont wanna do anything let them. i hate having to do more and more work just to get by. b4, the amount of work i do now would give me a good A for anyclass but now it gives me a low B high C XP. lol im lazy but nclb doesnt help any1.
5. i would get rid of it completely and let everyone learn by failing. thats y people fall down. so they can learn to pick themselves up.

#4 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:08 AM

Alright, thanks so much Sho and Zetsu :3

My paper is due this Friday as a final exam grade and your opinions really helped me in my position against the whole NCLB issue. Thanks so much! :D

Paper is done and turned in; the grades will hopefully get in by Friday or Monday at the latest but I wanna thank Sho (aka "Manoa Guy") and Zetsu (aka "high school sophmore") for taking part in answering these questions.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users