• You cannot reply to this topic

TM Hi-Capa 5.1 3, 5.1 Government Model

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:46 PM

Another project Hicapa, this one I got kind of screwed on since it did not come with a mag, but oh well. Decided to turn it into a full auto gun.

Posted Image
Got a shipment in from KnucklesGSM

Posted Image
Going to be using the black BBU for this one

Posted Image
Piston for it. It comes with a 10x14x2mm O-ring, I dropped down a size for 9x13x2mm as the Gunsmodify nozzle is a a 13.5mm version.

Posted Image
Don't forget threadlock

Posted Image
Piston installed

Posted Image
Also removing the spring from the rear sight, not like it's that important anyway. Taking up the space with a couple of fill valve O-rings to squish

Posted Image
BBU installed, 120% nozzle spring used

Posted Image
Entire slide weighs in at 173.4g so this will make for something entertaining

Posted Image
Need to access the frame in order to put in the modified disconnector

Posted Image
Cracking open the frame side panel to get in to the internals

Posted Image
Marui disconnector on the left, Knuckles' disconnector on the right

Posted Image
Putting everything back together and it doesn't seem modified at all

Posted Image
Glamor shot 1

Posted Image
Glamor shot 2

I have dry fired it to test operation, but I have not tested it to see FPS or ROF yet. Will post a video when I do.

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 20 July 2020 - 05:06 PM

Small updates to the choices of components on the slide to increase the weight and stroke due to full auto on the previous slide

Posted Image
Got one of those non-tilting barrels for more consistent shooting, it's not the best quality but at least it was cheap.

Also came with some greasy substance inside one of the flutes, had to clean that off before installation.

Posted Image
Way off of the original color, it's way more matte and lighter than the Marui plastic finished barrel. Not the best finish but at least it was cheap.

Posted Image
Inserting the hop unit into the outer barrel, Loctite keeps the grub screws in tight against the hop unit.

Posted Image
Outer barrel swap completed, thankfully it's not too noticeable from the side.

Posted Image
View of the flutes when the slide is held back. I did not want the slide stop to function since the stop will eat into the plastic slide just as it has on my 4.3, so I short stroked the pistol just enough to disable it.

I also used the ZCI stainless steel guide rod and guide rod plug to add more weight to the front of the slide to slow cycle rate.

Next chance I get I will take a shooting video to compare. If I want even slower cycling, I might have to swap out Knuckles' aluminum blowback unit with a Marui full-auto unit out of the Xtreme 45 to add weight to the slide.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users