• You cannot reply to this topic

EMG Strike Industries ARK-17 aftermarket Glock 17

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 03 July 2020 - 05:31 PM

Been waiting for these forever, I actually placed an order for one through KY Airsoft but they fulfilled and 'shipped' my order as soon as the shipping restrictions/bans happened. It's still waiting somewhere in HK two months later and still undelivered.

Anyway, it took so long that Evike actually got them in stock five months later. Strange how they're the last one to get them in despite it being EMG branded. I put in an order and it showed up yesterday.

Posted Image
This will be the third airsoft weapon purchase that I've done brand new.

Posted Image
I'm not quite sure why EMG used this plastic holder as the shipping eggcrate as it does not fit this replica at all. The rear sights are smashed into the plastic, the trigger guard is smashed into the plastic

Posted Image
Looking at the opposite side. I decided to go with the two-tone for some flashy flair.

Posted Image
The silkscreened trademarks look great, but this engraved/CNC'd "SI" is quite sad lol. Gold star EMG, at least you tried

Posted Image
I love how the shiny silver finish reflects light from other areas than the ones cast on the pistol itself. It leads itself to great photo ops. My work light is a warm-white LED, and my Canon Rebel XSi has a xenon flash bulb.

Posted Image
Giving it some swag. Managed to mount a nonfunctional Strike Industries Mass Driver compensator up front, along with my Olight PL-2 Valkyrie.

The PL-2 is nice but doesn't quite have the angular aesthetic that will go well with this pistol. I might have to look for something with more straight lines, like the Inforce APL or APLc.

Posted Image
More dynamic shot of the pistol. I am a bit upset that the mag does not come with any distinguishing features. It is very boring.

I believe it's the VFC design where you have to slide open the baseplate in order to fill gas...whoever decided to go with this design should just stop, it is irritating as hell and breaks easily. I am ordering some of Strike's Buffalo Wings Glock mag baseplates, it will go nicely with the cutouts on the bottom of the ARK's P80 magwell.

Posted Image
Showing off the ARK spiral fluted barrel. Nonfunctional and quite cheaply made but it looks good. We shall see what the wear patterns look like

Posted Image
This is a very comfortable to hold G17. I love the frame, and how it feels...much different than the standard Glock grip, and also very different than even the standard P80 frames.

I am not sure who OEMs this replica, I've seen it listed as G&P. I don't think I've ever seen a G&P GBB pistol before, so they might be OEMing for someone else or vice versa. They do make parts for Marui and VFC gas guns so maybe they just took care of manufacturing the Strike parts.

The gas route packing on the magazine has the Marui/VFC type curved rubber, unlike the KJW/WE flat. However, the magazine baseplate design is the same as on VFC Glocks...this is not good news for me. To be honest, if I wasn't a Strike Industries fan I would be very disappointed in this replica. $220 for a gas pistol that has very crunchy slide racking out of the box, a large hammer bump that gets stuck unless the gun is racking at speed, extremely thin metal up front near the speed cuts, and a lackluster stock magazine with no Strike parts on it - they make both baseplates and extenders.

I do not have any Glock 17 parts on hand, Marui changed their design with the G19 and the parts are different. I will need to figure out which OEM these are so I can find replacement parts. I will probably skirmish with this once I get more magazines for it, all my G19 mags are too short.

+ Great aesthetics in my opinion. Avaialble in all-black, black/silver two-tone, and silver/grey two-tone slide on black lower.
+ Red dot cut slide, not sure which ones are compatible yet though. Also has red dot height iron sights.
+ Excellent ergonomics on the Strike P80 lower
+ Excellent quality silkscreened trademarks
- Weird trigger behavior, racks super far forward and breaks all the way at the back
- Super grainy slide action out of the factory
- Magazine catch needed some breaking in before it would work properly - would not catch, and would not release
- Zero attention paid to magazine
- Bad CNC'd trademark quality
- Orange tip glued in, part glued in to threaded barrel adapter is extremely thin - will probably be difficult to get out
- Hop unit isn't easily removable from outer barrel
- Very thin metal up at the front of the slide

Is it worth the $220? Hell no, not with the quality from what I've seen so far. However, if you're a Strike simp like me, this is very exciting. Can't wait to use it.

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 05 July 2020 - 08:09 PM

Some photos of the mag to help identification.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks like a VFC mag to me, but the bottom is different.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users