• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pokemon Adventures Manga Series Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Silver 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:01 AM

http://en.wikipedia....9mon_Adventures

This is the way the anime should have been done! This is my favorite pokemon manga series because it follows so closely to the actual game series! All the characters keep their original respective names! The storyline just pulls me in deeper and deeper in the world of pokemon. If you've played the games since Red and Blue or even if you're new to the series, take a look at this manga series on wiki and tell me what you think? I was planning on ordering it but I'd have to order it from overseas since I don't think they ever finished importing it and converting it over to english. >.<; Anyone know how to read Japanese? =P

If the link doesn't work let me know. But yeah, if you're a fan of pokemon and love the games, I highly recommend this series! ;)

Edit: Oh yeah, I used to read this series at Borders. It "MIGHT" be in the graphic novel section at Borders so next time you're there be sure to look for it. Though I haven't seen it in ages. I think last time I went to Borders (a few months back) I seen the "Best of Yellow" series Manga there. I don't know, I don't think they made it to Gold and Silver in English yet... I guess they stopped at Yellow which really sucks cause I wanted to see what happens in my favorite series in the Manga! >.<; Now all I got it cover art to look at. T.T; Haha, see ya!

This post has been edited by Silver: 10 March 2008 - 02:05 AM

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 11 March 2008 - 03:06 PM

Is this the one where Red accidentally sets loose all of Oak's pokemon in the beginning? If so, then I read the first volume. I haven't seen it around here lately, but I did manage to download scanned copies. Pretty funny stuff, and the art is nice too.

#3 User is offline   Silver 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 March 2008 - 04:13 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

I'm not too sure. I haven't read the first book in a couple of years. Here's the cover page for the first volume and also the cover page for the first issue. It used to come in issues before but after they got to a certain point in the storyline they came out with volumes... I think? Haha. But yeah, maybe you might remember the book or the artwork by looking at these. I'll try to gather more info later, I have to go do some stuff offline so all I could do was find cover pages. =P Anyway, thanks for replying to my topic.

Edit: Ooo. I just read further in on the article and it looks like this is the one where Red accidently lets Oak's pokemon loose. =P Actually I think Green stole Squirtle before Red got to the lab. Yeah, there's a lot of funny stuff in there and also a lot of action like the games. I love how they make the characters stick to their original roles and personalities like in the games but make them all much for cooler! They also team up to fight against team rocket (Not Jessie and James the actual team rocket including a few Gym Leaders who sided with Giovanni). Oh yeah, the pic I put in my signiture is from Pokemon Adventures. It has the main trainers from Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal in it. I think they're up to like Volume 23 already maybe more? Not sure. I just know that they've been making volumes based off the games. So they're up to Pearl and Diamond now. Yeah, the artwork is very nice. Too bad they didn't use this artwork and storyline for the anime. I'll get more info on this subject later I have to get going now. >.<; Got carried away again talking about Pokemon. xD See you later!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users