• You cannot reply to this topic

Battle Royale Movie (I and II), Novel, Manga Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:05 AM

Depends which media you're talking about.... book had some, manga had a lot, and the movie was subtlely implied.

Vipah still has my book, and that buggah's not even reading it....

#32 User is offline   Enoesiw 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 04 October 2007 - 10:39 AM

rah rah ree kick em in the knee, rah rah ruts, kick em in the other knee!!! ...until he gives it back!

#33 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 21 December 2007 - 08:07 AM

lol I gave up and bought another book when I saw it at our local Border's. I'm reading it again, albiet sporadically.

#34 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 21 December 2007 - 09:06 AM

Aww, well it's good that it's being read again. Haven't seen the special edition books yet so I assume that it's only released in Japan. And if it's being released in Japan, we all know how long it would take to translate it for some of us.

Long time, that's what.

#35 User is offline   marmaldegirl16 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 January 2008 - 06:39 AM

I just recently watched the movie. I have yet to see the second movie but the first wasn't bad. I read the novel awhile ago, though sad it was really good. One of my favorite books now by far. I don't know though, I feel the movie was lacking something, not sure what though. But it still wasn't bad. Very bloody and violent but not bad at all. :D

#36 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:15 PM

Funny thing is, they kinda screwed up the american novel. It's a dub of the original novel i guess you could say. they changed some names around and stuff. oh well though, really minor stuff so I guess its okay. The second novel was released a very long time ago in Japan. Kinda why the movie came out. Nonetheless, it was a good story.

#37 User is offline   marmaldegirl16 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:19 PM

wait wait wait..there's a second novel?!?! I wanna read it!!! ><

#38 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:31 PM

Not out in america and I doubt it ever will at this rate.

#39 User is offline   marmaldegirl16 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

Awwwww, that saddens me D:

#40 User is offline   djSL 

• YE~yE~YEAAA~~~
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:42 PM

lmao ther is quite a bit of nudity. but hey, its not my fault. personally i think the movie, manga, and books were all a little bit different in terms of direction and story extras but it still matched. :)

#41 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:33 PM

I'd like to read the second book as well :D well...the first one too.

#42 User is offline   marmaldegirl16 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:41 PM

:o Bass...you've never read the first?!?! It's soooooo sad, but amazingly well written. It lives up to all the hype in my opinion.

#43 User is offline   Rocky Trigger 

• PipPip

Posted 08 December 2008 - 05:49 PM

I'm not too fond of this series because of the intense gore, but I think it's great for its message that it's trying to say.

Unfortunately, we've got all those other guys too that love BR for its gore. It's scary hearing some of the stuff they say I tell you... Saying that they would love to join and kill their classmates... >_>;

#44 _gk2012_

• Group: Guests

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:49 PM

Battle Royale has been my favorite manga so far. I like it more than the movie because it gives more back story to almost every student in the class. :)

#45 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:48 PM

@gk2012: Yeah that is true, and since it's in GN form, it makes it more entertaining. It also gives us a view on what the author wants to convey. :3 I was forewarned that I should not read the manga first but instead read the novel, then manga, then movie (in that order) but I read the manga, watched movie, then novel was last. Still, I'm not disappointed.

@Rocky: Yeah... sorry if I talk about the gore parts but in no way did I say I wanted to participate. Now think about it, if you were placed in a BR situation as a college student, barely knowing your classmates because you go to different classes, would you still do it? Versus a typical Japanese type setting where you pretty much grew up with your classmates. There's a lot of ways you can take it.

A professor over at one of the local community colleges uses Battle Royale as part of the curriculum (probably mentioned this earlier) for a specified English course. Looking at it, it seems to be a mixture of controversial books. Unfortunately I couldn't take the class ): I had exceeded the credits at the time and had to graduate already lol

Recently at a bookstore, I found that the last big volume compilation came out. :3 For those of caught them all, hope you're enjoying them, especially with those added bits of awesome.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users