Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

OBON aka BON DANCE talk about obon Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:40 PM

obon season is now and mayb some of us can meet up at some of them ( if we're on the same island lol) who goes to bon dances anyway???

#2 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:21 PM

I went to the past 2 of em and you weren't there seems like. Not that it really matters though, I show up late to all of em.

#3 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:57 PM

I'll probably be going to the rest this summer, couldn't make the first two due to family stuff going on.

#4 User is offline   waddles 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 July 2007 - 08:34 AM

Obon is really fun =] I learned a shiz load of new dances but I cannot tie the dances with the songs XD

#5 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:42 AM

man, I'm so sad...obon season is almost over. There's only one major bon odori left in Hilo.

Tonight's one was fun, there was a live taiko performance and plenty of dances. It ended kinda early tho, but it was good.

Except when Waddles kept complaining that his dolo was hurting...Boob made him stfu by telling him a portuguese man of war wrapped itself around it XD;;

#6 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:44 AM

I think by now it's over... di d you guys take anhy pictures at them?

#7 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:31 AM

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc3/06s...%20Bon%20Dance/

This is from the Okinawan Bon Dance here in Oahu. It was bigger than last year's own, where there was a huge stage as opposed to the small structure everyone danced around last year. It was so crowded, besides having Sunset on a Beach in which they have this movie you watch on the beach, we had to go to KCC and take the shuttle back down to Waikiki. No complaints here since the driver told hilarious jokes.

There was a group from Okinawa who performed a bunch of numbers for us; one of the singers was a short guy in yellow and black. He was the funniest out of the performers, funnier was that when he introduced himself, he called himself 'katsu'. (No offense, Shin, he was the funniest guy there) Another performer was the youngest one at 10 years old playing the drums.

In the end, it started to sprinkle and finally rain and we left running towards the bus so we could get a good spot in line. Sad part was that all the food booths closed around 6, and we got there around 7 so we stayed there hungry. >:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users