• You cannot reply to this topic

Sleep Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 30 September 2007 - 09:29 PM

I was thinking about sleep after reading this article...

http://www.livescien...8_hn_sleep.html

Do you think that's true? I know I feel just as good when I take a nap after a short night's sleep as when I just take a normal 8 hours and stay up all day. Might work differently for some people though.

Talk about sleep itt, I suppose.

#2 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 30 September 2007 - 10:41 PM

hmm thats pretty interesting. idk my average is about 7 hrs. sometimes if i just take a nap, when i wake up im tired, sometimes not. if i sleep too long then i usually wake up ok but i do feel really slow alot times. i actually wish that i could control when i go sleep and wake up because i usually knock out the same time no matter wat if im not doing something fun.

#3 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:02 AM

I came up with a theory that I (maybe others too) have sort of an awakeness cycle in my sleep... sometimes I sleep for around 8 hours and I'm still tired as hell, while I once slept for four (the night before I came home after my first year in college) and didn't feel tired at all. Caffeine isn't really a factor, because I always consume it regardless of awakeness state, and I feel the same. It just makes it harder for me to fall asleep (unrelated to tiredness), that's all. It doesn't matter how tired or exhausted I am, it doesn't mean I can fall asleep easily.

#4 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:29 PM

After reading this article, it really opens up your eyes about sleep. I've heard before that a person going a month without sleep will die at the end of the month versus someone who goes without water for a month and this article gives more reason why to sleep more. Time to show this to my boss so I don't sleep at irregular hours! It does seem really dangerous to continually change your sleeping schedule, almost as if you're flying in from different parts of the country at different times and wanting to sleep but cannot.

#5 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:20 PM

Yeah, it might break your body clock somehow...or something. Might have trouble falling asleep at any time. Must be hard for the guys way up north...

There are faster ways of killing yourself than staying awake for a month. Just run 26 miles and scream 'NIKE!', that'll do it!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users