Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SAT any hints/tips for the dreaded SATs? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 29 October 2007 - 08:21 PM

sup guyz i got a little question: is there anything i should do to actually prepare for the SATs? im takin mines this saturday, 11/3, and was wonderin if i should do anythin at all bcuz so far i havent done anythin to prepare and im plannin to wing it bcuz if i dont do good im gonna take it again next year. good idea or not?

#2 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 29 October 2007 - 10:53 PM

Hint one: You should always take this test as if it's your last chance, that way you'll be pressured into doing better. Knowing that you can always take it next year will give you the attitude that won't enable you to do as good as you hope.

Hint two: It's a little tight since yours is this Saturday but get some flashcards and study your math and grammar. Helps a lot.

Hint three: I remember being the first year to take the new SATs with a score of 2400 (or was it 2200, dammit forgot), not the old ones that had a high score of 1600. If I remember correctly, they took out the analogies which were a lot of fun. They also added more math to the tests, I think more Geometry. What I remember talking about with other classmates was that when we took the test, the calculators weren't really much of a help.

Hint four: It's kinda funny but for some snacks before your test, drink orange juice and eat chocolate chip cookies since it's supposed to be good for memory.

Hint five: Bring your I.D., Collegeboard papers, etc. etc. cause you're gonna do the dreadful task of filling the apps out. It's such a monotonous process but the I.D. and papers help.

Hint six: Bring a #2 pencil you're comfortable with. I know it sounds dumb, come on it's a pencil but you won't believe how many people say they can't write good with a pencil they're not used to.

Hint seven: Don't be late. Period. Get a good night's sleep and get up early so you feel more awake and won't fall asleep during the test.

Hint eight: It sounds dumb but don't even think about bringing a dictionary as a reading material for break. I don't know if it's allowed for you guys but I remember someone being told not to read a dictionary during break. That being said, bring a book to read or at least something. Although games are good :3

Hint nine: Once you get your scores, try to take the SAT a second, maybe even a third time so that you can choose which scores you want to send to the prospective college.

Hint ten: Pace yourself. Even with the essays. From what I can remember this was how it was done: First was essay, then reading, then math. Essay was at least 2 pages long with a set topic for you and maybe a small passage that will give support to whatever topic was given. Reading/comprehension was the usual 'read the passage and answer multiple choice questions that are similar to each other'. Math was another world.

#3 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:26 AM

I remember one of the things I was told in SAT prep class (yes, I was forced to go) was to read the multiple choice answers to the questions backwards, ie. E-A because they try to trick you sometimes with a fuzzy word that may fit the question.

Also, when you're checking your answers, if you come across a question that you didn't really know if you got it or not, leave it with your gut feeling. If you go and change everything, you're probably overthinking and consequently will hurt your score.

#4 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:13 PM

ok thanx, ill try and remember all of that when im takin the tests T.T the SATs will probably b the only tests that i take really really seriously so all those hints and stuff will help me alot. DOMO ARIGATO GOZAIMASU!!!

#5 User is offline   Sayonara 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 30 October 2007 - 09:27 PM

You can do it! :lol: Get good scores desu.

#6 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 October 2007 - 04:33 PM

ooh I'm probably too late, but good luck zetsumei!

#7 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:34 PM

lol never too late as long as its b4 saturday lol

#8 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2007 - 09:36 AM

ohh I didn't read that part, I feel stupid now :lol: hope you do good, it sucks because it takes so long...

#9 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:56 PM

test day is 2morrow... thank u everyone for the help. lol i dont think ill b gettin a good score but if i think it's decent i might even post it up XP

#10 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:03 PM

ok i took the stupid SATs... i tried to remember everyones hints and did my best. OMG IT WAS LOOOOOOONG!!! 5 hours to b exact. lol i hope i did ok. next month is gba, cere, and pancho i think so good luck guyz.

#11 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:31 PM

Haha I hope you did well, SAT's are kinda important. Hopefully gba, Cere and Pancho will do good as well when their tests come around.

#12 User is offline   Sayonara 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:46 PM

Hopefully you did good Zetsu o: Those tests are major killers for high schoolers everywhere.

#13 User is offline   Bass GS 

• ??
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:05 PM

when do you guys find out how you did? hopefully it's good news!

#14 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 December 2007 - 07:09 PM

i forgot to tell u guyz this but i gotta f***en take them again bcuz the guy who was keepin track of the time gave us 10 extra minutes on one section which voided the entire thing!!! i was so pissed when i found out so now i gotta take it again next month...damit.... o well ur supposed to do better every time after the first hopefully... DAMIT!!!

#15 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 06 December 2007 - 08:16 PM

rofl yeah, I heard about that Zetsu... ultimate faggotry XD;;; that's the first time I've ever seen it happen. That guy must be fired by now lol

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users