• You cannot reply to this topic

My Mental Issues My Brain may be broketed Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Neinball 

• Über Kommander, Biaaatch!
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 21 April 2006 - 02:33 AM

I think my brain is screwed up.

Lately, I've started to see things that other people can't see. Hearing people that are not there. Having large gaps in my memory. And it's starting to concern me quite a bit.

For instance, I'd be sitting in my bed, gazing up at the ceiling, and I would notice my brother going into his room. A few days later, he tells me of something he told me a few days ago, and I have no recolection of that moment. Litterrally, large gaps in my memory have started to occur, and it's causing me much cause for concern.

I've asked my Phychologist friend if she might have any ideas. She'll get back to me on that one.

For refrence, My family has a history of Epilepsy, and I have been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. What this might have to do with my condition, I have no idea.

I'd be intrested to hear your views.

#2 User is offline   anime21 

• *smack*
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:00 AM

Wow. That is odd. I don't know about that one. I do that all the time though, but it is just me being ditzy. Can you give me more information on Aspergers Syndrome and Epilepsy? Are you sure that you just weren't being ditzy like I do? *stupid question, I know, but it is a possibility* Um, what kinds of things do you see and hear?

#3 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:06 PM

That might be schizosomething. I dunno how to spell it. Hope you get better though.

#4 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:38 AM

Maybe Shin's right on the schizopherina. Sometimes a person can think of something and then seconds later, that event does happen. Looks like yours in backwards. Then again...don't mind that.

You sure you're eating or sleeping habits are...balanced right? Then again with us otaku, those things are never right it sometimes seem.

#5 User is offline   Neinball 

• Über Kommander, Biaaatch!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:17 PM

Well, I've a friend who's a 5th year Phychology Student, and she thinks that it could be mini seazures. She's recomended that I go and get a CATscan. As for my sleeping and eating habits, I've kept them as regular as I can. I get 8 hours of sleep a night, and I eat propperly.

As for the voices, It's like I'd be hearing someone talking to me, or asking me something, but when I ask the nearest person if they said something, they look at me with a confused expression and say they didn't say anything.

As far as seeing things go, Sometimes, when I look around me, I see little flits of movement, but when I check, there's nothing there.

And aspergers is a part of higher spectrum of Austism.

Any further questions?

#6 User is offline   chimanako 

• DJ Fuminshou
  • PipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:56 PM

The voices thing sounds like it could be schizophrenia. The seeing things and not remembering things seems like a seizure-type symptom. Not violent types of seizures, just moments when your brain seems to disconnect you from the rest of the world. I would go to a general physician to get checked out. Hopefully it isn't anything serious, but maybe he or she can start you on some kind of treatment that could help (if there, in fact, is anything wrong).

If not, extremely stressful conditions or overwhelming situations can cause symptoms similar to yours. When your brain is overtaxed, it deals with things in funny ways, and can misinterpret signals.

Bottom line, get thee to a doctor.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users