• You cannot reply to this topic

Google Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:36 PM

As you may know, I no longer trust google with much. Over the years they have slowly changed from great ideas and a company that focuses on being the best....to a company that seemingly wants to control (or at least get a foot in) every segment of the networking market. This type of behavior is arrogant at best ('we know best so we'll do it too') to just plain sneaky (Gmail being in beta for years?). It doesn't matter how good they used to be, I strongly dislike companies that try to take advantages of labels/loopholes and expand everywhere. Focus your shit, Google.

http://www.wired.com...2009/10/usenet/

#2 User is offline   Joshua Pack 

• PipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 October 2009 - 05:42 PM

they ended up fixing the usenet.

http://www.wired.com.../10/usenet_fix/

#3 User is offline   Shade 

• PipPip
  • Group: TGOG Admin

Posted 25 November 2009 - 05:53 PM

View PostShonen, on 07 October 2009 - 06:36 PM, said:

As you may know, I no longer trust google with much. Over the years they have slowly changed from great ideas and a company that focuses on being the best....to a company that seemingly wants to control (or at least get a foot in) every segment of the networking market. This type of behavior is arrogant at best ('we know best so we'll do it too') to just plain sneaky (Gmail being in beta for years?). It doesn't matter how good they used to be, I strongly dislike companies that try to take advantages of labels/loopholes and expand everywhere. Focus your shit, Google.

http://www.wired.com...2009/10/usenet/

I don't see the problem with getting their foot into everything. Everything they do is free, and it's there if you'd like to use it. The only reason that google is so popular is because it's good at what it does. There are a lot of things that google does that aren't popular at all. They have google talk, orkut, and a bunch of other things that have just failed and died. They have a lot of successes, obviously it's search engine, but I think Chrome is some pretty decent software. I don't think that gmail is sneaky either. I believe that if I personally were to offer a free service, I should be able to revoke it at any time I choose, especially after that whole incident with the privacy. Only when you pay for what I do should you have ANY kind of expectation of me.

The one sneaky thing that I AM aware of it google's EULA for Chrome. Basically google has the right to retain anything and everything you receive OR send through chrome. Like pic uploads, any and all text. Stuff like that. But I doubt they're going to do anything evil with it..

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users