• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Love I just want to talk about the meaning... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Lacer/Lacen 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:52 PM

I...am lost right now...constantly thinking about her in my memories and dreaming about her in my dreams... I want to know what you all feel love is... I remember creating a topic like this in SaL once...but people change over the course of a year or so... So what do you all think now? I need...feedback...so that maybe I can answer the questions that I circling around in my head... It's like nothing else matters to me but her... It's like I could die knowing that it would insure her happiness and safety in life. I just don't feel that I will be able to survive for that period of time... But time has been going by pretty quickly...so maybe it'll be...possible... I wonder...if they really will invite me to that dance they were all talking about? I need to find it...the meaning of this burning inside my heart...

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 25 October 2005 - 11:12 PM

Love is something that possibly means different things to different people, so nobody can give you a direct answer. Or rather, nobody can give an answer that perfectly matches your own feelings. They can, however, tell you what they feel, to hopefully give you some insight.

For me, the easiest thing to do if you're worrying about someone is to see them in person if you can. That way, you can straighten things out as quickly as possible. It's better than prolonging the agony, wouldn't you say?

(I'm gonna move this into Assistance, ok?)

#3 User is offline   Lacer/Lacen 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:01 AM

Haha, yeah, all right! Thanks for the feedback Sho! I'll do just that! =3 I'll try to anyway with my stupid busy schedule... @[email protected];;;

I want to know EVERYONE's intake on Love. =] What do you all feel that it is? o_0;I want to learn as much as I can even though I know a hell of a lot about it in my own way and through my own experiences already. I just...want to further my knowledge... ^^;

#4 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:04 AM

I think I do remember this topic from SaL but as you said Lacen, time changes people.

Does she have the same feelings as you? Most people have different opinions of love, maybe some even have the same views. For the people who tell me what they think love is, they tell me it's like floating on cloud 9 or skipping a heart beat or even forgetting where they are.

One person even told me what you just posted about Lacen. He was in the same thing too, not to long ago. Homecoming was coming up and he told me his plan of asking her out and it was just straight up forward, nothing more. They've been together now for over a month all because he asked her to homecoming straight up.

Afterwards, he told me he was so nervous being around her but that added push gave him the will do ask her. I'm sorry I guess I got a bit off topic. I'll edit later.

#5 User is offline   bura 

• Creator of Happy the Fluffy Bunny and eMo-ose
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:16 AM

How's that saying go? 'Love is what remains when being IN love has faded"? Something like that. The way I see it, the heart skipping thing is being IN love, love is when you can spends years with that person and still want them to be around, even if they don't make your heart skip a beat everytime they say something. Love is when you've spent so much time with that person that you can suddenly realise one day that you don't want them to ever leave.

#6 User is offline   Lacer/Lacen 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 October 2005 - 01:59 AM

Haha, I gotcha. No one probably ever loves me to the point where they don't want me to leave. I am just...another tiny fragment of a piece of this world. Haha, I can't seem to be able to breathe through my nose. lol, why are my eyes watery and stuff? I think looking at that picture that I drew and seeing her face has brought tears to my eyes. Heh, I think maybe I should call it a night before I lose it. Maybe I'll just..spend an hour or so more...working on another picture... I miss her... I want to see her again... I know that she still has feelings for me because her best friend and her best friends b/f have been telling me that she's been "whining" about me or something...like she regrets ever breaking up with me because I guess she...I don't know...needs me...and I need her... I'll do my best to make this work... I've got to confirm whether or not those claims are true...but... I've always been able to feel that she still likes me even if she acts like she doesn't... she's in a new school now... but everyone including her says she's doing okay... Why does Love bring so much pain? I already have enough pain and suffering to deal with... But I think...this pain I'm feeling right now...is worth it... If I can only find that happiness I once had and build upon it then maybe I won't have to feel so much pain and suffering... I'd like that...very much...but I am also ready to give up my feelings and desires so that she can be happy if she ever falls in love with anyone else who she is able to be with... I really do...truely love her... It's sad...but...if it happens...it happens... I know for a fact...that even if other guys ask her out now...she tells them that she's not able to have a relationship and stuff... But...for some reason...she made an exception for me...and took that risk of getting into trouble for even having a boyfriend... I was the only one thus far to ever have that honor of recieving her love... I...I know that she still loves me... but...even if...we do go out again at this point in time...we probably won't be able to do much together... I know I'm willing to go through the pain of not being able to talk to one another or see each other much...but if she ever can't handle it any longer and isn't happy... then I'll gladly let her go...to find her true happiness...even if...my true happiness really was her... I'll see you guys later...sorry...I just wrote straight from my heart and soul... Don't really know...what you guys will say once you read this...but...yeah...I hope you understand how I'm feeling... Goodbye, everyone, until next time.

#7 User is offline   bura 

• Creator of Happy the Fluffy Bunny and eMo-ose
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:23 AM

dw too much Lacer, even if it doesn't work out you're still young enough to find someone else. 'One true love' is utter bullshit.

#8 User is offline   Ikine 

• Pip

Posted 30 October 2005 - 03:13 PM

this is me trying to look on the brightside for you currently, then i'll answer. Second chances are possible, though harder, they ARE indeed possible. It might hurt now, and it still might hurt later but i can tell you now, i've been with a guy for over 9 months now, and i remember the SMALLEST thing that he did once and i'll NEVER forget it. All he had to tell me in the beginning of our conversation was "i wanted to talk to you instead" and i bring it up every time he gets sad over something. i had known him for a long time before then as well. He had a crush on me the whole time and kept going off with other girls, some of whom he would never see, even if he tried. he wasn't allowed to talk to her at one point and used me to 3-way her and they would talk over the phone, completely ignor me, and i would sit there and... well, it's something i severely regret. i used to know the feeling of alone, maybe not in your sense, but i knew it, and i was sick of it. i hated being alone, even though i loved it... if that makes sense... well, anyway, i'm rambling... so i'll answer the questions of "what is love" in my views. but giving it a try a second time can't hurt as much as the first... least that's what i think

love is when you can look at someone and all they have to do is smile and your day is 100% better. it's when you can just sit next to each other without even holding hands and you still feel all warm inside. it's where you...just look...just listen, and you know that everything will be okay. for me, that's all that love is, and it's all that i need. sure, i've had these random puppy-love phases where i'm obsessed with one guy for a while, but it slowly fades away and every "i love you" sounds hollow and meaningless. but with love, every i love you is filled with a new emotion, and "i love you" doesn't even start to cover it. It's when you care for someone so much, that if they wanted you to rip your heart out, you would with pleasure; and that would be an extreme exageration (sp?). But you would do a lot for the other if you cared enough about them, go to any extreme to make them happy.... it's something that can't be explained...

and then there's that stupid logical, scientific reason that we simply need to reproduce... but whhhaaaaatever.... i dun like that reason. XD

#9 User is offline   chimanako 

• DJ Fuminshou
  • PipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:56 PM

I believe that "love" is simply a label for something that cannot be described in words. Love is not something tangible, it is not empirical (something that can be proven by scientifically acceptable means).

There are many different levels of love, a variety of types. There is a kind of love you feel for family, the kind you feel for friends, and the kind of love that you feel for a significant other. This thread seems to be geared towards the last of these, so I'll just focus on that.

There's a lot of bullshit that surrounds this concept, love. People have this naive and altruistic belief that there is a "one and only", or that people are made for each other. While couples may express themselves in physical ways (hugging, kissing, sex, that sort of thing), this is not necessarily love. Lust, sure. Love, not really.

No relationship is perfect, and there are problems. You will disagree, you will argue. But if through that, you still want to be with that person (not necessarily all the time, just that you still care, and still want to spend time with them), then maybe you get the idea. Love doesn't happen only when things are good, it shines through when things get tough. It's what holds people together. It's about sacrifice, it's about putting the other person's needs before your own, giving without expecting anything in return. Love isn't anything fancy or showy or expensive. It's simple, it's humble, and it's a beautiful thing.

#10 User is offline   Grim 

• bah... Evil
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2005 - 07:59 AM

View Postbura, on Oct 27 2005, 12:23 AM, said:

dw too much Lacer, even if it doesn't work out you're still young enough to find someone else. 'One true love' is utter bullshit.

Jepp that's bullshit that only exist in fairy tales. I belive that there is a lot of people that are your "soulmates" although it's hard to find them and sometimes you don't get along after a long while together...

Sad, but if you don't bury yourself then you might have a chance in meeting one of those persons

#11 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 07 November 2005 - 08:08 AM

gawd dammit...I dont get it...oh well im just not attractive enuff...lol T.T

#12 User is offline   Grim 

• bah... Evil
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2005 - 06:31 AM

^Same here ShInInAmArU...

oh yeah and I'm to much of a chicken then to walk up to a girl ^^;;

I don't like "love" since I never got a positive feedback T_T

#13 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:26 AM

Yeah it depends whom I'm asking if I'll be like a chicken; sometimes I can ask them but sometimes I crap my pants (I'm kidding).

BTW, if you really like someone out there remember it has to be unconditional.

<bura> This post has been translated for you by Bura Co: Helping others to help themselves. For more information, contact our call centre on 555-ITSCALLEDGRAMMARUSEIT. Thank you and have a nice day </bura>

This post has been edited by bura: 26 November 2005 - 03:52 AM

#14 User is offline   Bad 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:26 PM

lol.. to tell you the truth... love can be hurtful or healing it all depends on what happens...love can come in a variety of ways some good some bad... tough love or just plain flirty..... it doesnt matter cuz well we all have one true love i found mine or atleast i think so but whose to say... lacen all you need to do is follow what you believe is right.. every one told me this before and just follow your heart.. dont think it over and over... do what comes natural wether its hard to tell the person how you feel or hard to show...

#15 User is offline   Neinball 

• Über Kommander, Biaaatch!
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:23 PM

To be perfectly honest? Love is nothing that can be easily mesured and weighed. Love can give one the strength of millions, love can also make the most emotionless perosn breakdown in tears.

But for the most part, from what I've seen, love is an excuse, to let us do what we would normally not do, to be selfless for a change. To live one's live entirely, and not want to be away from her.

But I'm young, still, and I've no Idea as to what love really and truly is. Ask me this question again in something like 10 years and I still wouldn't be able to give you an answer that I am satisfied with. Poets have devoted their entire lives defining what their version of love is, and they were never truly happy with how they defined love.

That, ladies and Gentlemen, is my view on love.

#16 User is offline   Bad 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 March 2006 - 11:23 PM

^ technically there is not "TRUE" version... love is basically a feeling... that all people have... it hurts and it heals.. in my view.. love kinda cured me of the ill things that were wrong in my head.... adhd for that matter... before i knew chara as i know her now i used to be on a crap load of meds... and yea... about 5 pills morning 6 at night..... if your counting the sleeping pill... (insomniac) but since ive been with chara... there has been no feeling of crazy ness.... although i do joke excessently but whos supposed to live... without joking... its funny and people need a laugh...lol just like today my friend nikkie borrowed my dress shirt so i borrowed her tiny @$$ jacket... and might i add i wore it to 2 of my classes XD i looked a little ghey but i was cold XD

#17 User is offline   katsu 

• twelveAM
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:06 PM

If you don't think they like you ask them. It'll save you a lot of pain. If they say they don't, don't ask. It prevents from hurting them and you.

#18 User is offline   zetsumei 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:43 PM

hi im new and i think that all ur guyz feedbaks r good so i wanna put one too. i think that love is like personality, everyones got their own unique way of showin it. love is a mix of chemical reaction and ur own mind. if u try to find the true meaning of love it would b like trying to find if there really is a heaven or hell and u might go crazy tryin to find out. lol i dont know if this makes sense or not so dont foget i new XP B)

#19 User is offline   Neinball 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 April 2006 - 04:15 PM

Well, at the moment, I'm helping a young aquatence of mine with relationship issues. And it tires me, cause I've also got a lot of other work to do. He looks up to me as a Big Brother, which is kind of scary...

#20 User is offline   chimanako 

• DJ Fuminshou
  • PipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 25 April 2006 - 08:57 PM

I have my own opinions on this, but does anyone believe it's possible to "fall out of love"?

#21 User is offline   viper2681 

• Go die in a fire, faggots.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 April 2006 - 12:33 AM

But of course. Say for instance, you're in love, then over time, you slowly stop loving that person/job/object/whatever. I fell out of love with my GameCube once I realized I never have company over at my house.

#22 User is offline   Neinball 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:59 PM

View Postchimanako, on Apr 26 2006, 04:27 PM, said:

I have my own opinions on this, but does anyone believe it's possible to "fall out of love"?

Sadly, I think that it is quite possible to fall out of love with a person. Perhaps sadder still, is that if you fall out of love with someone, then can it really be called love, or would the label 'Infatuation' be more suitable?

Again, not the wisest person here by the long shot, but as the oldest person here, I am supposedly the most experienced when it comes to situations like this. And if experience has taught me anything, it's that it's just as easy to fall out of love as it is to fall in love with someone.

#23 User is offline   ramengirl 

• PipPip

Posted 10 May 2006 - 09:54 AM

i think that each person is different.. sum ppl fall in love easier than others.. as far as falling out of love?.. i think its hard.. but possible.. the heart has a hard time forgetting.. but i personally felt like i lhad oved sumeone.. and fell out of love w/ that person..

#24 User is offline   Lacer/Lacen 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2006 - 05:24 PM

Wow, this topic has been going on for 7-8 months now. o.0; Crazy what love can do to people. xP Nah, it's ok now. I've re-collected myself and found what I've been searching for... *sigh* Or atleast that's what I'd like to say. I'm just existing is all. Waiting too. Nothing much else one like me can do after all that has happened. I can't give up just because I lost the things that meant the most to me in the past. Even though Shonen and I weren't "Lovers" or whatever... <.<;;; We were still best friends back then. That's something that I wish I never lost...the friendship that we once had. But yeah, things happen and people change I guess. In a sense I did "love" the guy in a buddy-buddy sort've way... <.<;;; (Hey! Shut up Yaoi Fangirls! <.<;;;) Shonen's only a part of what I've lost back then...but there's not much I can really do about what I lost except get over it, move on and keep on existing for my own reasons whether it be to help people or help myself. Maybe I'll do both? I'm still the same guy you all knew and most of you loved back then as the stupid/funny yet...whatever else I was. o.0;;; Heh, sorry I haven't been around much...just trying to find my purpose I guess? Recovery after losing everything that ever mattered to me...what mattered most to me... That's what I've been doing lately...if any of you have been wondering... Love huh...yeah...I know what love is...from my own point of view of course caused by the experiences that I've been in. It can be both good and bad depending on what happened in your experiences in love...and how you as a person reacted to what had happened and whether you took it to heart or just shrugged it off. It's very complex really and I'm not one to explain the "truth" or the "real reason" about it. All one can really do is express their own "opinion" about it. But isn't this what forums are all about? Expressing various topics and sharing your own opinions with one another? I miss the good old days but there's no going back for me or any one else. All we can do is move forward and continue on with the lives we live and create for ourselves. Love is something that all humans will have to face sooner or later...whether to embrace it or block it out of your heart... One of the many mysteries of life... If you guys are finished discussing this topic, I'd like to make a request to close it. Shonen? I know you're reading this. If you're not busy, please lock this thread. It doesn't really have any use to me or anyone else for that matter at the moment. I'll deal with my own personal problems on my own, which I've been doing for quite some time now. Not saying that I'm doing an all that great job at it...but I do the best that I am able to at that moment in time. Well, I guess this ends this discussion for my question of Love. Thanks goes to everyone for replying to this thread for the past 7-8 months or so and responding to a question from your old friend Lacen and helping to better understand the meaning of Love. We'll all figure things out as we go on with our lives... All we can do is keep on existing and make the best out of our existences with our own damn power... Right Shonen? With that...I take my leave... Maybe I'll return someday...but I doubt it will be anytime soon... Love is what keeps me going...Love is one of the important things that I fight for... So long my old friends from the late SaL Forums...until we meet again... Lacen...out.

(P.S. If any of you wish to contact me...I'll be around...just give me a call or send me an e-mail...I'll be sure to get back to you guys on that. Well, later...old friends.)

-Lacen

#25 User is offline   Neinball 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:21 PM

There is one thing I never got: Why lacen left this site and only dropped in here every so often.

Probbably why I hardly see him on MSN.

Poor Lacen. I hope he finds what he's looking for.

#26 User is offline   viper2681 

• Go die in a fire, faggots.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2007 - 03:22 AM

I think I shoulda payed more attention before to this thread and tried to decode Lacen's posts before I even tried...

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users