• You cannot reply to this topic

G&G Combat Machine (custom Mk18)

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 28 May 2020 - 05:15 PM

Had this receiver set around for awhile, finally decided to do something different with it.

Posted Image
I had this Lonex gearbox in multiple different replicas but decided to settle it down in a specific model when I noticed that it would rattle when I shook it. I opened it up and quickly found out why

Posted Image
Don't forget to loctite your spring guide, kids

Posted Image
I decided to put on these SHS made Daniel Defense replica rails. I have one in roughly the right size for a Mk.18 in black so I decided to try a blackout CQB-R build. G&G receivers have this flair up front so I needed to grind it down to fit the screws.

Posted Image
One on either side. I will not use the side screws, four should be enough especially since this is a short rail

Posted Image
Attached. I believe this is a standard 10.5" barrel rather than the 10.3" correct one, but due to the strange barrel nut threading and spacers used there is actually a visible gap on the receiver side of the rail so the flash hider poking out doesn't look too bad.

Posted Image
I don't have the Eotech or Elcan optics for it so it's staying with an ACOG for now. G&G crane stock off my Raider, I still think it's the best one I've tried so far. Motor grip is also off of my Raider, it's long enough to properly house the ZCI motor so that's in there as well.

The gearbox is rear wired with a Gate Warfet in the buffer tube. I normally run this on the 2s li-ion from Guges, but it can easily take 3s lipo in either side of the crane stock. I used this for a game last time we played, and it performed well but the hop unit let me down. I will swap out hop components in order to make it less touchy and sensitive to adjustment.

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 22 June 2020 - 12:14 PM

Chrono'd the gun this past weekend, using the 2s li-ion from Guges and 0.25g bbs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very happy with the results, I think I am using a Prometheus M120SP in this gearbox

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users