• You cannot reply to this topic

WEtech XDM 3.8

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 22 June 2020 - 04:42 PM

I had originally bought this gun searching for a good subcompact for smaller hands, and this actually does fit the bill quite well. This gun is an interesting hybrid of 1911 style grip safety and modern pistol trigger safeties, with a modern European style trapezoidal profile slide and ambidextrous mag release. Moderate serrations on the slide aid in grip, and thankfully WEtech decided to paint in the dots on the iron sights. Adjustable grip backstrap allows the gun to be modified to fit better in hand, and the mag release is ambidextrous all the time which is nice (even though the slide controls are not).

Lately I found myself not even using it despite it having excellent weight distribution and feeling very comfortable in hand. The heft might be surprising for a gun so small, but it does not feel unwieldy.

Posted Image
Because this is a striker-fired gun in real life, there is a mechanism in the rear of the slide to 'convert' the internal hammer state to the striker prime indicator that pokes through the rear of the slide.

Unfortunately, the way it was designed interferes with removal of the slide. I chose to remove it, with zero detriment to functionality. Here is a photo before I did so, with it poking through the rear plate for fingertip confirmation.

Posted Image
Inner barrel is brass, roughly 77.5mm long

Posted Image
Left side view. I do love the texturing on the grip, it's not a full stipple but it does feel nice without gloves.

Posted Image
Right side view.

Posted Image
Detail of the slide. The loaded-chamber indicator is up top, this airsoft replica has a static one that is always 'loaded'.

Posted Image
Rear plate without the striker primed indicator.

Posted Image
All the pieces of this gun. I'm looking to sell this one along with the Blackhawk Serpa I got for it.

I do think I will regret selling this one though. At least they are relatively cheap brand new.

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:28 PM

Posted Image
Chrono before sale on 0.20g. This is around 3/4 of a joule, hits kind of soft but this is always going to be the case with subcompact guns. ~77mm barrel doesn't give the gas much space to work with.

Posted Image
Package will come with WE XDM 3.8, extra mag (almost brand new, maybe used five times), Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster, and the replacement parts (backstraps, striker primed indicator hardware). Asking $120

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users