Digital.Complex: TM Hi-Capa 4.3 - Digital.Complex

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

TM Hi-Capa 4.3 1, 4.3 Tactical Custom (black)

#1 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:14 PM

I totally forgot to make a thread for the first Marui gun I've ever bought, a Hi-Capa 4.3 in black.

Posted Image
Here's a photo I took of the store display. "Marui Haikyapa 4.3 Takutikaru Kustamu", roughly $80 USD.

Posted Image
Taking it home and using it quickly led me to not pair it up with lower quality mags, using it with WE mags where the follower does not always engage the slide stop properly led to the half-up slide stop biting the plastic on the slide quite badly. It does not lock back even with Marui magazines now.

Not that this necessarily is a bad thing, as now there are zero downsides to shortstroking.

Posted Image
Got some parts for the gun to help increase the FPS a bit. PDI 6.01mm inner barrel, and PDI W-Hold packing.

Posted Image
Straight swap out the Marui inner barrel and stock packing. Still works just fine, so it will go in storage.

Posted Image
Later on I thought I'd try the Nine Ball piston replacement. I had repaired another Hicapa used on green gas where the piston tore.

Posted Image
Stock unit compared to the Nine Ball unit.

Posted Image
Also added in a Cowcow high flow rocket valve to help as well

Posted Image
Didn't get an optimal focal distance but you can see the Cowcow valve inside the Gunsmodify piston.

Posted Image
I was having some nozzle sticking issues after this, the gun would still function but the nozzle would not move smoothly. I measured the inside of the Gunsmodify piston diameter to be around 13.8mm

Posted Image
The Nine Ball O-ring was 13.5mm OD. I'm not sure if this is optimized for the 13.5mm piston spec, I found out also there are Hicapas in 14mm and 15mm as well.

I will look for another compatible O-ring with an OD below 13.5mm and reinstall the system.

Posted Image
The smaller O-ring is for 13mm systems, far too small for the Hicapa. I actually tried installing this, but the O-ring is not large enough to stabilize the nozzle and I actually had the O-ring slip off and get stuck in the nozzle.

Updates when I can get other size O-rings in to try.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users