Digital.Complex: Favorite/Current Shows (non-anime) - Digital.Complex

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Favorite/Current Shows (non-anime) You're watching cause netflix or hulu etc Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

Watching on Netflix and Hulu... Yeah, so currently I am watching

• Gotham
  • The Office (US)
  • Parks and Recreation
  • Copper

Gotham - Before the Batman persona was created, "Gotham" tells the story of rookie James Gordon and his experience in the Gotham Police Force.
The Office (US) - Different from the original British series (2 seasons) spanning to 9 seasons, this series is a mock documentary of the day-to-day of a paper company in Pennsylvania.
Parks and Recreation - Similar to "The Office", this series is set in government facility of the Parks and Recreation Department and their day-to-day. Slashed for being a clone of "The Office", the later seasons found itself standing out.
Copper - BBC America created a series set during the American Civil War, focusing on an Irish cop (copper) and interactions between free slaves, old money (White Anglo-Saxon Protestant), immigrants and not. Sadly only for 2 seasons, it wasn't popular enough to garner a 3rd season. Authentic clothing though!

My classmates recommend the following:
  • Outlander
  • American Horror Story
  • Walking Dead
  • Once Upon A Time
  • Life

Admittedly it's a nice fresh break from anime. For me, I'm putting anime on the backburner and waiting until break and graduation to catch up and watch. My anime to watch list will be for another topic/post since this is mainly non-animated shows.

What are you currently watching, non-anime wise? Do you watch on Netflix or Hulu? What draws you to watch non-anime series?

#2 User is offline   aotsukisho 

• D.C Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Owner

Posted 08 October 2014 - 12:36 AM

non-anime shows I watch are pretty limited...

Top Gear (BBC)
Bar Rescue (Spike)

including the finished ones

Blue Mountain State (Spike)
Cosmos: A Space/Time Odyssey

#3 User is offline   Sayonara 

• Puella Magi Sayo Dokidoki-da
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • View blog
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 14 October 2014 - 09:10 AM

Just finished the first season of Peaky Blinders on a whim while cleaning my room. Not too bad, a bit slow in the beginning but it gets better (I hope). Set in 1919, a year after World War I in England, Tommy and his two brothers are up and comers to the world of betting and gambling. An inspector is brought into town to clean up the gambling. Gang wars happen and deception abounds in this short series. Season 2 just came out earlier this month so we'll see if it gets better.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users