• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rear Axle Height Adj Pill Play

#1 User is offline   pedrocamp 

• GSR Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:16 AM

I have quite a bit of play between the ride height adjuster pills and the aluminum rear axle carriers on my car. The pills fit very loose. Does anyone else have this issue? I recently saw Hank's (Pinoyboy) car and his car has the same problem. This is probably partly to blame for the straight line instability I am experiencing. Most of my instablity seems to stem from a steering centering problem but I will post a question on that once I look into it further.
Have the tolerances been tightened or adjusted for the PN versions (I know they use PN rather than Atomic pills)? I suppose I could glue my pills in but that doesn't make for easy ride height adjustments. Has anyone seen a size variation in the Atomic pills, maybe mine are small? Does anyone know a method to reliably "swell" the pills?

Thanks, Pedro

#2 User is offline   mk2kompressor 

• GSR Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:53 AM

hmm mine are a tight fit,you could try filling the alloy mounts with a bit of ca glue before you fit the pills

#3 User is offline   color0 

• GSR Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderator

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:03 AM

Mine are a tight fit too... Hank's are possibly loose because the prototype parts were made by me, in a hurry. :oops:

Have you tried wrapping a single layer of Teflon tape around the axle height adjusters? That is probably the easiest fix I can think of right now, but you'll have to be careful when making rear ride height adjustments.

Thanks for letting me know about this though, I'll look into a more effective fix for anyone else who may be having this problem and if I find anything I'll post it up. ;)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users